Grout blasting away

Vinny Terry

Cleantalk Member
Great job , never used grout blaster I use STS from w.o.c bloody brilliant stuff as soon as you spray it on you can see the dirt and grease coming out of the lines the customer thought it was design strips at first but when she started to clean it she realised it was dirt so she contacted me to remove it all as it took her 2 hours to do a small area I did her kitchen , utility small hallway and toilet in the same amount of time 😁

Attachments

Darren Paterson

Cleantalk Member
Great job , never used grout blaster I use STS from w.o.c bloody brilliant stuff as soon as you spray it on you can see the dirt and grease coming out of the lines the customer thought it was design strips at first but when she started to clean it she realised it was dirt so she contacted me to remove it all as it took her 2 hours to do a small area I did her kitchen , utility small hallway and toilet in the same amount of time 😁
Did you use a rotary on this floor & which pad or brush did you use with The sts ? 👍

Vinny Terry

Cleantalk Member
Hi gents

Apologise for late reply not always on here and it was only when @Eamonn OConnor sending me a message that was in my junk mail that I realised people were interested so apologise ,

My method for cleaning this floor was to pre spray STS diluted Luke warm water ,not hot onto the floor leave it for a few minutes and let the magic happen it literally started to lift the dirt and grease that was inside the lines I then used a stiff plastic hand brush as I didn't have a grout brush (something I need to get ) and placed the brush under my foot and literally went back and forth between the lines, just make sure whatever brush you use it's not going to scratch the floor I did a little pre test in an area out of sight and it was fine , it was more time consuming really than hard work , once it was all removed I used my hard floor cleaning wande which was all set up to my Jag 8.4 to spray only clean Luke warm water into the floor and suck up at the same time , when it was nearly dry I went over it with a micro fibre floor mop so it didn't leave any hexagon type water marks on the floor , no polish or buffing was required for this finish ,but I have advised the customer to stop this happening again to have the floor sealed which I will be doing in a couple of weeks 😁

I couldn't use a scrubbing machine / rotary on this floor as it was just going over the lines and not actually getting in them 😁

Hope this helps

Thanks Vinny

Dave Byrne

Cleantalk Member
Nice one Vinny, great job.
The grout brush it a great time saver, gets right into the valley without contact with the rest of floor.

Do you know what sort of floor that was (laminate, engineered etc) I'd be worrying myself about water getting under it (probably a lack of knowledge that causes my worry!)

Vinny Terry

Cleantalk Member
Did you use a rotary on this floor & which pad or brush did you use with The sts ? 👍
I couldn't use a rotary on this floor as it would
Nice one Vinny, great job.
The grout brush it a great time saver, gets right into the valley without contact with the rest of floor.

Do you know what sort of floor that was (laminate, engineered etc) I'd be worrying myself about water getting under it (probably a lack of knowledge that causes my worry!)
It was a sealed commercial grade floor you can call it karndean/amtico or call it what you like 🤣🤣, I was very aware and very careful not to over wet the floor so it was literally the same amount of water that would be put on it as if the customer was going to mop it , never ever use hot water or steam on these types of floors as they are glue backed and can detach themselves from the substrate giving you a wavy effect and a potential insurance claim against you 😁 better to be safe than sorry

Nathan Gale

Cleantalk Member
This job was a nightmare. Had about 100-120L water blasted through it, 5L of grout blaster poured onto it, as my o ring in my sprayer snapped on the job :eek:
2 people constantly scrubbing and rinsing, drying and scrubbing more.
Not for the faint hearted, worst part is I under quoted and didn’t even get a tip! I even done the usual winge about how it’s going to take double the time I expected. Smh:rolleyes: