Hello I’m looking at getting into hard floor cleaning, who can help me with any info ? Thanks.

Ross Meakin

Cleantalk Member
Hello I’m looking at getting into hard floor cleaning.
I’m just a little lost as to what to get for the set up. I’m currently doing carpet and upholstery cleaning and only really offer wet extraction at the moment I have Sebo duo for agitating and jag cub for extraction

I’m stuck between buying a rotary or more powerful crb machine. I understand training will give me all the knowledge I need and I am planning on doing training, I’m just trying to gather as much info as I can before I go. At the moment from what I can gather the process is
  1. Do your tests.
  2. sweep + vacuum.
  3. apply cleaning solution (dwell time if needed)
  4. agitate with a pro 35 or a rotary machine with corrects pads.
  5. then Use a hard floor wand connected to the jag cub to rinse and suck up what liquids and slush are left.
  6. Then apply sealant if needed/wanted.
The reason im a bit stuck is I’m not sure what will benefit me more a rotary or a better crb machine.
In my head a rotary can offer me more use for different jobs on hard floor and carpet, but a crb only offers agitation on carpet and hard floor.

So from the experience of this brilliant forum I was wondering if any one could give a little bit of there own preference as to what they find better them selves.

Thanks to any one who took a few minutes to read my post !

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Ross,

I'll not comment on proceedure or chemistry as there are a wide variety of materials used for hard flooring but many/most would benefit from a heavy low-speed rotary or OP machine, whilst some benefit from a good CRB machine (not the little duo).

I will not be alone in urging you to seek good training before embarking on the new venture as a damaged hard floor can be very expensive to rectify.

• Agreed
Reactions: 2 users

Ross Meakin

Cleantalk Member
Thanks for the comment John

I’m 100% gonna do some training was looking at tile master, Amtech and the restoration academy they are the three I’ve found so far.
if any one has any recommendations would be nice ??

Florin Titiriga

Cleantalk Member
Tilemaster do a great course and that will be enough to get you started on hard floors. It will teach you how to clean and seal floors.

If you want later on to get into Polishing you need to do a more advanced course and buy a rottary. So ideally buy a rottary from the begining so later on you wont need to upgrade.

Reactions: 1 users

Remus R Lungu

Cleantalk Member
I can't stress enough how important training is..
Go for the Tilemaster course..For the cost of a tile wand you can get a wet vac or even one that rinses..tilemaster sells it(I'm getting it soon)
Also if you're looking at cleaning a machine like the Tilemasters oscillating pad will do the job or go for the more expensive but damn good Excentr 30 20+..Dont think about polishing just yet..there is a long way to go till then as you need to build experience and confidence
Call Alex or Martin,they will guide you trough
Best of luck

Reactions: 1 users

Ross Meakin

Cleantalk Member
Thank you florin and Remus

Can you recommend any rotary machines florin ?

Remus with the Excentr machines are they only for hard floors ? If so I feel a rotary would benefit me more at the moment for work as I could do hard floors plus carpets to.

Thanks for the replies it’s nice to get other people opinions who are experienced :thumbup:

Remus R Lungu

Cleantalk Member
Except commercial encapsulation you wont do much with a rotary on carpets
Yes the excentr 30 20 is hardfloors only..but imo is the second best investment I ever made

Reactions: 1 user

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
A rotary is a very versitile piece of equipment. On carpets it will do much more than encapsulation or other types of shampooing, will padcap, agitate pre-treatments and post-bonnet after spray/extraction cleans.

• Agreed
Reactions: 2 users

Ross Meakin

Cleantalk Member
Thats why I’m leaning more towards a rotary at the moment John possibly purchase a excentr or something along them in the future Remus thanks.

Any ideas on a good rotary machine that would benefit both sides of hard floor and carpet ?

Is weight a big part to play ? Or is there a light weight machine that’s capable of doing a good job for both ? how often do you have to take a rotary up a flight of stairs ? :thinking:

Thanks for your info it does help a lot :thumbup::thumbup:

Andrew Evans

Cleantalk Member
Hi Ross you need a heavy rotary, or at least one you can add weight to.

Needs to be low speed and around 50kg. That said as a rule if you cant lift it with one hand it is heavy enough. You will need much more weight to grind.

The oscillating systems negate weight to an extent. As for speed it needs to be a low speed around 150rpm.

Reactions: 1 user

Ross Meakin

Cleantalk Member
Thanks for your reply Andrew, would a dual speed be beneficial in any way ?

I haven’t looked into grinding the floors much or is that a term for removing the old sealer with the correct pad, I was looking at just general cleaning and removing the old sealer and applying a new one. I’ve been looking about trying to find out as much info as I can before January when I can do the tile master course.

Thanks again :thumbup: