Help!!! ZERO Motivation

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
Has anyone else experienced this since coming out of lockdown? I jus cannot be bothered with work, which is insane, i have raised my prices and my calender is booked completly solid and i should be really buzzing but i feel completely unmotivated to the point where just answering the phone feels like a pain in the ass, feels like i'm sabotaging myself just when i should be killing it

Colin Nash

Cleantalk Member
Totally agree with Neil. We all feel like that at times. Usually nothing to worry about and it doesn't last. In some ways after lock down, it's almost to be expected.

If its really bad look up andropause on google. It is fairly common in men over 50.

Not allowed to offer advice on a medical issue, other than to recommend that if you're really concerned, visit your doctor.

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
in every objective sense my life is pretty much perfect, everyones healthy money's fine, this might sound weird but after lockdown i find the idea of meeting 2 or 3 perfect strangers a day stessfull

Colin Nash

Cleantalk Member
May be an idea to see a life-coach?

I've always been lucky. I wasn't even too bothered when they cut my foot off. But everyone's different. The problems even today are plenty here. Lots of disgruntled customers due to lack of stock, (covid) faults on carpets etc. I feel like retiring today, but we just have to keep going.

Carpet retail is very stressful and looking back at my 80 hour weeks as a carpet cleaner sometimes seems like a holiday.

If this stress is something you have developed since lock down, I really think you should seek help sooner rather than later. The meeting of strangers being a problem in your game really needs addressing.

Dan Woodhead

Cleantalk Member
Like Jacob I'm the opposite. I enjoy working, I enjoy earning Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 4pm. I have no motivation or desire to work weekends or past 4pm.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Dan

I must correct myself
I dont think I was clear

I have chosen to do this work.

I love the work I do (carpets and hard floors)

I find information on the above subjects sticks in my head.

J

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Rolph

I am feeling the same as you. I am 54 now and been doing this nearly 14 years. I have always been really motivated. Not anymore I just can not get back into working now even though I am busy.

Just plodding along really not interested in doing anything else as its good money.

It's a weird feeling. Glad I am not tbe only one though.

Steve

Neil Kelloway

Cleantalk Member
I think it's to do with earning money to improve your life .

But with covid someone on the dole is as well off as everyone else .

You can't plan anything so what's the point it's just seems we are all just passing time on .

Death has taken all the fun out of living

Once you've paid your bills your just going to work to collect money to do nothing with, or to make more money to do nothing with .

I personally felt the same, so stopped drinking and went back to the gym and feel fine now .

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Neil

I don't drink or smoke never have. As for exercise I have no chance. Ever since I left school I have had mostly physical manual jobs. After 14 years of oven cleaning my knees and shoulders are totally shot.

No amount of exercise I'm afraid will fix that.

Good for you though. I shall just plod on.

Business consultants! That someone who can not get a real job and just talk rubbish lol

Joe Hatton

Cleantalker Veteran
Neil

I don't drink or smoke never have. As for exercise I have no chance. Ever since I left school I have had mostly physical manual jobs. After 14 years of oven cleaning my knees and shoulders are totally shot.

No amount of exercise I'm afraid will fix that.
Steven, I not been a professional oven cleaner....so I had not thought of that aspect. Having struggled in the past with my own oven a few time’s though, I can really understand what now what you and others must have to deal with.

Daniel Burt

Cleantalk Member
How's your diet, honestly that's the biggest indicator of mood in my case. I might just be psychologically incredibly simple though.