Hide and slide

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I have a lady take a card on one of these . Not sure what model yet . I think she knows it an expensive job. Just thought I ask ! Would 80 to a 100 be over kill? . When I done them before I alway feel the risk is high on these . Some models . Why not make a good earn. ?

Daniel Burt

Cleantalk Member
The only one that's given me an issue was one with 4 pieces of glass, side LEDs and various bits of securing pieces, even that was fairly simple, just took slightly longer. I don't charge any extra for them.

Neil Wilde

Cleantalk Member
They are really common now. Like the others have said, same price as other single ovens.

Apart from the door (which is as easy as any other door after you have done half a dozen of them). Slide & Hides are usually easier in general to clean as most have self clean grill panel and in most cases side panels too.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
The problem with the newer slide and hide doors with the 4 sheets is that the design allows lots of crud to get inside. Not too difficult once you have done a couple but the ones with the LED glass rods inside are a pig.

Paul W Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Book it in for the last clean of the day, then your in no pressure if you have problems to get to the next job.
Once you have the door off take time to look and understand how the mechanism works.
The only problem is if the locking cam doesn't hold and cross bar flicks to back of gap, pull bar forward and reset the cam.
Agree with other comments actual oven is easier to clean than most.

Alastair Shields

Cleantalk Member
The pyrolytic versions (maybe some others too) have 4 sheets of glass. There's no way I can clean these as quickly as a "standard", 2 sheet oven door. Plus removal and installation of the door takes a bit longer than a regular door even if you don't have any problems. I charge more, if other cleaners want to do them for the usual price they're welcome.

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I like the reply's. I already done a few . But charging the same seems to be the consensus . A bad experience will always put people off. But u do need to get those drips out ! Thank peeps .

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
Book it in for the last clean of the day, then your in no pressure if you have problems to get to the next job.
Once you have the door off take time to look and understand how the mechanism works.
The only problem is if the locking cam doesn't hold and cross bar flicks to back of gap, pull bar forward and reset the cam.
Agree with other comments actual oven is easier to clean than most.
I think I will. I can take my time with it . Thank u

Jason Lee

Cleantalk Member
The video on taking the door off looks straight forward.. I did watch it before arriving and even had the manual.. Maybe I was just having a bad day..

Dom Stevens

Cleantalk Member
I downloaded the manual for this oven and read about the door cleaning/ dismantling. The problem was that I was working on the early model which is different from the manual i downloaded. It took me and the customer about an hour to put it all back together. Usually they don't get dirty internally so I just tell the customer that they don't come apart, much easier, but if someone wants to take the risk then they are welcome to the job.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Dom

You really need to bite the bullet and take them off. Don't be put off by one bad experience. They really are easy to do.

You will loose out on tons of work as most single ovens bought now are hide and slide.

Steve

Ken Walsh

Cleantalk Member
I`ve had a pain doing them and found they can be cleaned Ok without taking the door off. I`ve told customers I dont take the doors off on these ovens, if they say they want it off they can get someone else. Since I started doing/saying that not lost any work because of it. If I could practise on one a few times on my own I might change my mind but when last did it with manual and with help of customer still a pain so I thought No leave well alone