Horrid Vinyl

Claire Wilo

Cleantalk Member
Hi Guys please help.

One of our clients have revamped the toilets and put down non slip vinyl covering which has a bumped effect. Its being mopped every eve with a low PH floor cleaner but it looks filthy and an embarrassment on our behalf I've heard lots about the STS floor cleaner will this work with a mop.. I'd buff them but to small of an area. I'll attach an image.

Attachments

Jon Chrimes

Cleantalk Member
Looks like it might need more than a maintenance mop to get to a point where general mopping will be sufficient for a year or so.
Do you have a small rotary, Oreck or maybe a Flor Mac?
STS is great but I think it'll need a scrub!

Claire Wilo

Cleantalk Member
Looks like it might need more than a maintenance mop to get to a point where general mopping will be sufficient for a year or so.
Do you have a small rotary, Oreck or maybe a Flor Mac?
STS is great but I think it'll need a scrub!
Yes. I have a rotary. They are very small cubicles. Was hoping to avoid the use of a rotary. Tried a doodle bug yesterday and got a small amount up.

Tadgh o Shea

Cleantalk Member
Is it being mopped on a regular basis with a traditional cotton string mop or maybe a strip mop as both types are absolutely useless when it comes to cleaning any type of flooring. It needs a good deep clean i would use a doodlebug tool with a damp XR Doodlebug pad in combination with STS or M-Power to carryout the deep clean. Then on an ongoing basis would flat mop the floor using waffle microfibre floor cloths, Solutions will sort you for all your requirements.

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Could a Matt finish dressing not be applied after deep clean to 'fill' the crevices that the dirt currently diverts to,without affecting both appearance and slip resistance. thus creating a more level surface for mopping to be more effective.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
To add to Tadgh

I believe that's a doc m disabled toilet pan
Possibly that is a a disabled toilet.

Deffinatly non slip flooring needed.

J

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean

Claire Wilo

Cleantalk Member
Hi Guys please help.

One of our clients have revamped the toilets and put down non slip vinyl covering which has a bumped effect. Its being mopped every eve with a low PH floor cleaner but it looks filthy and an embarrassment on our behalf I've heard lots about the STS floor cleaner will this work with a mop.. I'd buff them but to small of an area. I'll attach an image.