Hose

Kevin Kirk

Cleantalk Member
Not sure if i'm just getting this round my neck (thank god its friday!!)

I run a trolley at present and my tank/system is in the old mans garage.
As we are getting more and more clients i'm putting a dispense tank in the van. 350 ltr tank, pump, battery etc - now in regards the hose, am i best getting 6mm or 8mm for the hose reel??
My poles are Xline and run on 5mm hose.
Looking to put 100m on it so we can get around easier.
Then keep the trolley for the days that the 2 of us work together.

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
It’s up to you ? 8 mm is better flow but a bit heavier and 6 Mm is little less flow but lighter . Your pole hose doesn’t matter just the connector . If it’s hose lock hose tail or rectus type for mini or microbore . Match that to your reel.

We used tricoflex half inch for years great flow but heavy now use 8 Mm i d loads lighter I think the smaller stuff wouldn’t last long but then again it’s cheaper I suppose .

Kevin Kirk

Cleantalk Member
Yeah my main concern is running it across drives/roads etc and being damaged!
Which supplier do you tend to use as the one i've used regular just seem to keep upping prices!

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
I’ve used gardeners pure freedom and cleaning spot - this is for the yellow cold hose We don’t do hot so can’t comment for that . The last reels and hose was cleaning spot minibore 8 I d 40 plus vat for 100 m .
As for damage ours get bin wagons , cars etc driving over it and holds up fine although we do tend to lay it neatly to avoid trip hazards .

Brian Barber

Cleantalk Member
6mm, lighter and easier to manage

Also, trolleys as you get busier are a pain in the rear.
Constant wasting time refilling or changing the barrels
And 350 litres for 2 workers no where enough
Suggest minimum 500 L

Just my opinion as started with the trolley system.

Mr B