how do you protect the inside of your van?

adam mayhead

Cleantalk Member
our electric tank is starting to leak too much (new seals have been bought and will be replaced in next couple days), and the solution from inside the tank is getting into too many places.

I am looking to improve the area around the tank to make it more water tight and easier to clean. I had considered tiling the base, sides, and back, but assume this will eventually break and crack due to the bumps etc in the road?

other thought is black plastic sheets and silicone the edges to seal them off. easy to clean and cheap enough.

we were also thinking to get some lino but unsure how lasting this will be? perhaps would damage a bit too quickly?

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Shower board

Basically like plyboard with a waterproof acrillic finish on one side

Silicone the gaps and angles with an epoxy based sealant.

J

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Rubber Flooring | Mega Van Mats Not sure if will withstand heat/chems of oven cleaning but i used this for my van,Flexibile enough to fit to shape,easy to cut and install. On other hand maybe easier/cheaper to simply create a frame with batons on floor bigger than the tank then just water-proof that bit instead of whole van if makes sense.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
Insulated tanks are from Andy at Plasic Workshop, van fit out done by a company in Bristol, the special coating is speeder liner which is waterproof and chemical resistant.
I knew he made ones like in your first pic I had no idea he makes them like the other 2,
looks like military grade in the back lol mint.