How Not To Make Things That Better!

Discussion in 'Leather Cleaning & Restoration' started by Daniel Darlow, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Daniel Darlow

Daniel Darlow Member

Advertisements:
    Brief is, Customer, a Supplier of Vintage Furniture for Film, TV, Adverts, Events, etc. requires LARGE amount of leather furniture to be cleaned, conditioned, repaired, re-dyed, etc. BUT NOT to a new look condition.
    20180307_110650.jpg View attachment 20838 The cosmetic effect needs to be upheld for the age etc. but condition needs to be increased.
    So how much to apply and how, needs to be REALLY thought about. The first suite is going to be used at the Cheltenham Festival next week and will be out in all weathers under a marquee so plenty of finish applied. Anyway everybody happy, me and the owners and another 25 suites to do!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Impressive! Impressive! x 4
  2. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

Nicely done Dan. When you customarily aim at making the leather look as near new as possible, it must be difficult holding back to partially restore.

• Agreed Agreed x 2
  3. Susan Bines

Susan Bines Member

As always Amazing work xxx

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Darlow

Daniel Darlow Member

20180321_145429.jpg 20180321_120958.jpg Back to the Vintage Warehouse today for another cleaning session.
    When you find a Gem of a place it is a blessing.
    I mean that the people who run it, and the staff who work in it. Very rarely you find a workplace that everyone is happy, ready to do anything, and their smiles make the business shine, and you get tea on tap. (Solutions, Cornwall the other acceptation of course! 20180321_120939.jpg )
    Absolute joy being there today, and a joy that they have found me!
    The upholstery that I cleaned last week went to the Cheltenham Festival for Sky was applauded, some pieces today that have been repaired and recoloured are going to the Glenmorangie Estate in Scotland tomorrow, and some other pieces are already booked for Poldark!
    Don't suppose Devon Leather Care will be in the credits though!
    Is there enough Leather work out there????
    No.!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Answer! Best Answer! x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice