Hydro Ph ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Kirk

Cleantalk Member
hi
Can anyone advise ph level of Hydro please?
Can’t see it on website and can’t open the zip file msds on my phone.
Been asked to clean a Bolon floor at an office client of ours - but their floor clean instructions state ph of between 7-8.5 for maintenance cleans and 9-11 for deep cleaning.
Not sure what it needs till I survey tomorrow.

Someone on another post suggested using STS? But that’s too high on the ph scale.

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
You are aware that with both products mentioned that the ph is not static as depends on how much it is diluted by aren't you?!
Also as far as I remember Bolan predominantly make vinyl flooring so STS would be my choice, especially as the ph range is more than acceptable for their floors

Eamonn OConnor

Cleantalk Member
@kevin kirk
Hydro202
9. Physical and chemical properties
9.1 Information on basic physical and chemical properties
Appearance: Clear liquid
Odour: slight
Density at 20 o C: 1.02kg/ltr
Solubility: Completely soluble in water.
pH: 6.0-7.0
Flash point: N/A
Boiling point/range:100 o C
Vapour pressur

STS:
9. Physical and chemical properties
9.1 Information on basic physical and chemical properties
Appearance: Clear liquid,
Odour: mild floral
Density at 20oC: 1.1kg/ltr
Solubility: Completely soluble in water.
pH: 11.9 – 12.9
Flash point: N/A
Boiling point/range:>100oC
Vapour pressure:N/A
Oxidising: No

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
Please forgive my ignorance about hard floors, but using my logic from cleaning textiles, is it appropriate to use Hydro202 (an oxidising encapsulation product) on a hard floor? This product is designed to leave a residue.

Surely STS and perhaps, maybe, Nitro may be more suitable?

All of these products mentioned are NOT buffered, so according to the degree of dilution, the pH will reduce from the concentrates figure when in solution. The pH should also come down upon contact with acidic soil.

Finally, both Nitro and Hydro202 are good wetting agents. The residues are likely to leave a slippy surface when used on a hard floor. Effective rinsing will be essential

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
I like to keep you on your toes Ken!

They're vinyl in some design & whilst many others aren't classed as "vinly" per say I believe that it merely down to the "fibre" being mentioned as opposed to a flat/ more conventional vinyl construction being used but I stand to be corrected

Kevin Kirk

Cleantalk Member
So I’ve taken a look.
It’s in pretty good condition with the exception of some tea/coffee staining in various areas.
Would a spotting treatment of Extreme be ok on this flooring prior to using Hydro? Or would Hydro do the job in one hit?
They’ve agreed to a monthly clean of the flooring after the initial visit.

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Kevin,

Any pre-treatment with Extreme would need to be thoroughly rinsed out prior to application of Hydro 2o2 as the pH would inhibit the oxidiser.

As indicated by Aston, Hydro 2o2 preforms well on a variety of beverage spills, so the better approach would be to shampoo first then treat any remaining tea & coffee stains afterwards if required. For Extreme to work at its best a rinse, leaving as dry as possible, would be advisable though it may work well enough on lighter stains without.

Status
Not open for further replies.