I Am Amazed

Terry Miles

Active Cleantalker
I have a 5 bed house to do an EOT clean on and due to tight time restrictions am trying to sub out the external windows, the thing is I am happy to pay a good price, and cash if need be.
I must have emailed, called or txt 20 different window cleaners and not one has given me a price, or just refused and said no.

Ive tried being honest ie I run a EOT cleaning company etc....
Ive tried pretending its my house and want a window cleaner etc...

It just seems that in Kent, or rather West Kent, Window cleaners don't want work, weird, ohh well, ill have to get em done myself and save a few quid.

Daniel Paton

Well-Known Cleantalker
Most window cleaners are already rammed with regulars. Then couple that with enquiries from regulars and web enquiries too for gutters, soffits and fascists etc. I personally wouldn't entertain a one off window clean either unless it happened to be in a street I was working in that day and they would be paying at least double the normal cost. I certainly wouldn't go out my way for it. Sorry if that sounds blunt as its not meant to be but that's the truth of the matter.
I'd be charging at least £60 for a 5 bed one off. Possibly more depending on size.

• Agreed
Reactions: 1 user

Steve Porter

Veteran Cleantalker
Terry
Dan has hit it spot on as the same thing happens round here
Plus I reckon a lot of window cleaners view tenants as a pain in the butt wanting everything for not a lot & at a certain time on their chosen day?!

• Agreed

Terry Miles

Active Cleantalker
I don't really buy that, otherwise everyone would be a window cleaner if it were that easy, im not talking 1-2 here, im talking 20-30

Daniel Paton

Well-Known Cleantalker
Buy it or not it's true. Go buy a system then spend every spare minute you have for months and months knocking doors to get regular customers. Then spend a year or two sorting the wheat from the chaff at the same time still taking on new regulars in the radius you want to work. My furthest window cleaning customer is 2 miles from home. Then when you have a tight compact round and your days are completely full then every word I said will become clear.

Reactions: 1 users

daniel crouch

Active Cleantalker
I’ve had many people ring asking for a rough cost only to google there number whiles they are on the phone to find they are another cleaning company too lazy or unable to quote there own jobs ( they say they are a client or a fm company etc ) so that in its self is off putting to some . Finding a good reliable subcontractor can be hard I’ve spent years making reliable contacts up and down the uk , if you find a good one hold on to them and keep feeding them work pay them in time and all should be good . Volume is irrelevant if the cost isn’t justified and one off means no guarantees on going work so is a much harder sell to pull guys off there regular work unless the pay reflects the inconvenience. I would think some of those reasons and Daniels posts above may be what is halting your efforts .

• Agreed
Reactions: 1 users

Terry Miles

Active Cleantalker
I should point out I have offered potential on-going work and very good pay, but still nothing, never mind, tried is all.

garry neilson

Active Cleantalker
Similar issues here even the larger letting agencies I do work for have issues getting window cleaners, quite a few tenants have had issues as well for one offs, but then again if I had a full schedule of regular work why would you take on one offs.