Ionic Water System

Lukasz Dudziak

Cleantalk Member
Hi everyone. I'm completely blue when it comes to window cleaning, I currently have a carpet cleaning bussiness but want to expand it with window cleaning service. There is this guy that have a Ionic system for sale. The guy is not the owner im afraid, he just want to sell it for a friend who left the country. I have seen it yesterday...checked and the pump seems to be working ok. There is water comming from the pole but the system is almoust 3 years old and as far as the guy was saying non of the filters have been replaced since new... Is it worth buying or would that be to risky? He wants 1200 for it. Are these filters expensive? How much am I risking? Thanks for all the help
Pictures below
Luke
ai.imgur.com_zUuT2Ba.jpg
ai.imgur.com_1lwXa5r.jpg
ai.imgur.com_AAidFbY.jpg
ai.imgur.com_IKpb4vG.jpg

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
You want to know the t d s reading from the filters ... That's total dissolvable solids it should be below 10 the resin cartridges are expensive but you can chance that to a standard d I vessel and save - the system only has one membrane so worse case that may need changing costing ? 400 plus on ionics web and 50 ish per filter . I'd want to check the tds after mambrane if that's say below 20 I think you'd be ok if not offer him less the value of the filters may be ? Ionics stuff is good but overpriced - you will need to be shown how to flush the system and other stuff but it's not that hard to learn .

Lukasz Dudziak

Cleantalk Member
Thanks for your reply Daniel. I really appreciate your response. I range the guy today again and it looks like price is not negotiable. I would have to think about new system so. The only problem is my van. Since I have two carpet extractors and several other things I have limited space. This system base was 32 on 43 inch and that would fit perfectly. Hope I can get something as compact as this one out there. If I was buying new what would you recommend?
Thanks again Luke

Kevin Kirk

Cleantalk Member
Take a look at X-Line Systems.
They do a trolley system and a freestanding set of filters. I've got the trolley system and a tank/filter set up in my garage. Filter the water at home then tank and container in the van for a day's work.

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
Loads of options out there a trolley is a good starting point if space is an issue - system wise you can have tanks with frames custom made in any size and shape to work to your van lay out I can give you details for a company we've used to make some 800 litre tanks also Nick at solutions has supplied a guy on here with a trailer system so I'm sure he will give u a price . Just to give u an idea of space taken photo is one of ours with a 800 litre tank in a Lwb vivaro loads or room left .

Attachments

Lukasz Dudziak

Cleantalk Member
Thanks all. Ill be looking into trolley system so. Your system would be Perfect for my needs Daniel. Thanks again for the help

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
Lol that's not half bad that ! My guy told me he'd tidied it already :lol: you can imagine what it looks like with a couple of extractors a rotary and chems in too ! It's on its way soon that van , its earnt its money , you know it's worked hard when all protectacoat off floors vanished !

Steve Lowe

New Cleantalker
I have an ionics system in my van and have used them for ten years plus.
The pictures you have posted dont look like genuine ionic system that I have ever seen.
The filters etc are ionics but the frame should be stainless steel and should have the crash tested brackets with it.
My advice would be to keep looking

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
Ionics have a sister company called http://www.pure2o.co.uk/ sell a ? Budget version of there systems so it could well be one of those ? Just mail them the pic and I bet they will be happy to tell you if it's one of there older systems .

Brian Barber

Cleantalk Member
It's defo not a pure o2 unit either, as both of the ionics systems share the same frame.
All that unit is in your pic is a set of ionics filters bolted to another almost diy frame.

Mr B

George Labana

New Cleantalker
Send your photos to Ionics direct.Let them tell you if it's an original system.Get the name of the person who purchased the system in the first place.Ionics in Wiltshire will have kept meticulous records of systems sold and to who became Ionics always add VAT on stuff they sell