Is This Aniline

Discussion in 'Leather Cleaning & Restoration' started by Christopher walters, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Christopher walters

Christopher walters Member

Advertisements:
    Ok, so I briefly spoke with Judy last week about this and said jd get some pics.

My mate has a 3, 2 & a 1 leather setter.

He initially said its Nubuck however when speaking with Judy we confirmed it wasn’t.

It cost £4000 from DFS

I’ve done a basic 1 day course but don’t advertise for this type of job.

Visited today and my mate showed me the cleaning kit DFS gave them which states aniline.

So, ID of this be great please if possible and also the marks on the settee and drink spillages they likely to come off or not.. ?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Judy Bass

Judy Bass Moderator

From the way it is staining and the look of the surface Chris I would say this is definitely Aniline
    The construction of the furniture, cost etc would also support this.
    Aniline Cleaner will take care if some of the staining (you can use it as a spot cleaner) but some might require Stain Remover as well
    Protection with Aniline LeatherGuard is imperative to help keep it Stain free
    It amazes me that they supply these wipes (it would take about 50+ of these to have any affect whatsoever!) and then would also depend on what the product is in the wipe

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Judyb

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice