Jaguar 8.4 With Air Hose At 200 Ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
As I have said before, he is taking the wrong measurement. It is airflow that suffers from extended hose runs, not suction pressure. At 400 feet I would expect a very similar reading, though it would take slightly longer to maximise. On a lesser machine it would take noticeably longer to develop as the hose-run lengthens, especially on a VO machine.

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
A few years ago, Nick had been reading somewhere that the maximum airflow a 2" hose would allow was about 250cfm.

My Jaguar 6.6 was in for service so we ran some tests. At the machine port, the reading was in the order of 370cfm. With 50ft of hose attached it came down to about 260cfm. Can you imagine the energy losses at 200ft? But it would still out perform a "Wheelie Bin".

We then did another test. We ran two Jaguar 6.6s as a "Four To The Door" set up. We can't give you the results of that though. The power was so great it shattered the anemometer:eek:

I have worked with that sort of set-up though with a Jaguar 6.6 and Scorpion XPS. I was impressed:thumbup: But in all honesty, I wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis. With 100ft of hose (my normal maximum), I was having problems with lock-down with the wand. It would probably be better with a 14" wand though. I think it would be awesome at 200ft.

Even though the Scorpion XPS has a greater energy supply requirement than a Jaguar, all four power cords were attached to side by side power outlets on the same ring main with no tripping problem at all.

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

Ed Valentine

Cleantalk Member
Lord JB has always been a true Scientist in every respect and we all have and will continue to learn an awful lot from him, thank the Good Lord above. And, I know what he was referring to.

However, (maybe?) to the average reader/prospective operator doing their research, as Sir Wainwright pointed out; "Very impressive"! Nothing, IMHO compares and that is perhaps one of the most important aspects.

Further, btw, as a side note taking advantage of Lord JB's scientific knowledge over the years (please don't sue me, JB!), that particular test showing the specific level of vacuum (lets say) does not show how the JAGUAR 8.4 system also keeps a high level of efficiency performance under load,....during the cleaning process.....specifically being attributed to its unique design. This starts of course, with the baffled vac lid, vac tank guidance ribbing, etc, etc...... Not slowing up the airstream and the separation of water/dirt, and air, this very important aspect helps promote much faster drying times over the generic squirt & suck extractor(s).

Best to all above

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Ian,

What is positive is the the vacuum lift is very good for an AO machine.

This should have been post #5 . I typed it last night and must have missed the 'Post' button on my phone because it was sitting in the edit box a few minutes ago! :doh:

In the past members have asked why their post had been deleted, when in fact it had not - perhaps the above might explain why it did not appear.

Simon Turner

New Cleantalker
I have a scopion with a jag pump and had a 3k heater installed this machine is the bomb yes my engineer added a third lead for the heater but WOW ed created a beautiful machine I love it so much ( have done many jobs done by The Storm and this shows airflex up Every time) with a reduction of suction value to 1.5 this machines is king
And each customer has commented ) mush respect to Edd

Attachments

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
My understanding Simon, is that a machine with 3 power cords, especially given the loading on each that you use, is illegal and poses a serious safety risk.

I would suggest that you have these concerns verified by someone better qualified than me, and obtain a report in writing. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong. If the worse happened, your insurance would most likely be invalid.

The safer option would be to have a separate, independent, inline heater located closer to the wand.

SAFE and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.