Lakeland tray

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
I clean alot in liverpool city centre, lots of single lamonas etc, but once i park up its a pain in the ass to go back to the van especially doing ovens in high rise flats, anyway i bought a tray from lakeland to soak the racks in the customers flats, i was worried that they might think i was unprofessional but it turns out not one person has cared! i just pop in 2 aldi dishwasher tabs and while i get on with the job the racks soak and then clean up really easy. has anyone else tried this?

Remus R Lungu

Cleantalk Member
We use them for Our EOT side of business
Hot water and some caustic powder..the rakes clean themselves by the time we are finished with the rest of the clean

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
Ahh the big blue Lakeland trays, I have one, hot water and de greaser I put in mine and soak away. Never had a problem.

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
Perfect back up IMO.
Any non bio powder and hottest water you can get works a treat.

Most likely not the best impression to the customer but if its in the van they can't see it anyway. Plus ultimately you can turn up in the best van, the best graphics and clothing and the best dip tank....but if you don't clean the oven well they will remember that...
Effectively you could turn up with a lakeland tray on a bike and if you cleaned the oven perfectly (which is graft and knowledge) they will remember that..not the bike...

But yes impressions count for a lot but can't make up for a poor job done...

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
I have the lake land tray too. It is useful as backup. But I can see it could really come into its own for a single oven in a high rise flat. Why would they mind, you get the job done quicker and it's not like you are soaking them in the bath tub!

Paul_Simpson

Cleantalk Member
I have a few of the them and use with an immersion water heater when needed to get it nice and hot then use one of the spare ones as a lid.

Do dishwasher tablets actually work with little/no scrubbing?

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
Paul_Simpson could you advise which immersion works best and (sorry if this is a stupid question) do you take it out when you put the racks in the water

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I just use the lift ! Disassemble , paste up . Leave scrub clean . Then go done soak , then have a break have a kit kat clean , go up reassemble . Polsh . Perfect take payment !!

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
Paul Simpson bought that imnersion (sorry having a moment and cant spell immersion) amazing, throw in 2 aldi dishwasher tabs into lakeland tray and by the time i finish the oven the racks clean themslves! cheers mate gote me to my holy grail of the 1 hour double!

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
Hi could someone point me in the direction of these immersion heater things, worried about getting the wrong one and killing myself.

Johnny Bridges

Cleantalk Member
Ive been looking for an emersion heater for doing extractor fan filters in a lakeland tray. Could you tell me which emersion you guys use . Thanks johnny

Zach Foster

New Cleantalker
I can also vouch for the Lakeland tray. Saved me many times, I also use a hot tub floating heating element.

Gets you out of sticky situations all day long.

Mark Keenan

Cleantalk Member
sounds like fun pls can you help me out looking at starting Oven cleaning so i jusy need a lakeland try and just two Aldis dishwashing tablets and whats this immersion please you lots gor me hocked please can someone but me right thanks for all the idears can what to try someout pls any help very great full Mark