Large single oven door removal

Peter oven

Cleantalk Member
Hi all, just before I turn up and have a nightmare, I can’t find a tutorial for this oven door. Is it just 2 Alan keys in the holes and lift? I’ve done one before a while ago and think that’s how it was?

Attachments

Paul W Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Without seeing the oven door open it hard to tell but I'd say it just has the clips you lift up to chock the door open and lift off.
Mainly Smeg ovens you need to put a allen key in.

Neil Wilde

Cleantalk Member
It's a Bush.... Pretty sure that will have standard hinges.

On another note, awful cheap and nasty oven. If it's bad the grease ain't coming off easy

rolf groth

Cleantalk Member

On another note, awful cheap and nasty oven. If it's bad the grease ain't coming off easy

Neil is right, cheap, nasty and highly damagable, even mild degreaser will ruin and fade the finish near the knobs, just assume everthing you touch is breakable and clean accordingly

John Allton

Cleantalk Member
As part of your formal chat up to customer (explaining what your going to do & how) i always mention that when removing grease on a surface it may change the colour even with the mildest of degreasers (Water & washing liquid) especially if fat and grease has sat on the surface for some period of time. It then prepares them if there is a drastic change as there is sometimes.

John Allton

Cleantalk Member
You have to manage customers expectations I advise in certain circumstances there could be issues. I never try to cover up the issue but show the customer first the advise what can be done whether is applying baby oil or grate stain to pan stands but it is always a temporary measure.