Laura Ashley Rug - Advice Needed Please

Discussion in 'Rug Cleaning Issues' started by Alison Linton-Butt, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Alison Linton-Butt

Alison Linton-Butt Member

Advertisements:
    Hi all

We have a customer with a Laura Ashley rug. The rug is made of 59% Cotton/41% Wool (see images attached)

Any advice on how to clean this would be appreciated or should we be walking away from this one?

Thank you in advance

Alison

Attached Files:

2. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

Alison,

These rugs distort horrendously when wet so though I have cleaned a few by rinse/extraction I would advise that you use VLM ( http://www.worldofclean.co.uk/dry-carpet-powder.html?___SID=U ) and even then keep your treatment as even as possible.

3. Mark Sutcliffe

Mark Sutcliffe Member

Cleaned one of these on Saturday, exactly the same thing, covered in clothes dye..

dead straight forward, if your using water extraction M Power, and dry it quick as you can, i hung the one i did on the line. As JB said, be methodical in your approach. I use a pop up bench with a tarp under neath and shimmy it round and do a section at a time, single pass and then a second pass about 2 mins later. Works a treat

Don;t be scared by the Laura Ashley tag.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice