Lino

Tommy Caddick

Cleantalk Member
Hi Guys,

Could someone please guide me in the right direction for a lino floor clean.
I'm looking to purchase a rotary machine but wondered if there was any guidance what to get as I don't want to buy twice when I realise it's not up to the task.

Thanks guys

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Lino or
Linoleum is only one type of hard flooring Tommy and can be cleaned relatively easily without a machine

If you are looking at cleaning hard floor and maybe polishing and restoring you should possibly consider looking at the Excentr range, they can even be used to sand and refinish wooden floors as some lucky guys saw this week on our first Excentr training course and workshop

I’m sure once they recover over the weekend they will comment

Regards

Nick

Mike Cocks

Cleantalk Member
Lino or
Linoleum is only one type of hard flooring Tommy and can be cleaned relatively easily without a machine

If you are looking at cleaning hard floor and maybe polishing and restoring you should possibly consider looking at the Excentr range, they can even be used to sand and refinish wooden floors as some lucky guys saw this week on our first Excentr training course and workshop

I’m sure once they recover over the weekend they will comment

Regards

Nick
When is the next one, would love to come down again and learn more about hard floor cleaning

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
It's not in Cornwall Mike

It's at Excentr Office – Oirshot nr Eindhoven Netherlands

If your interested @Eamonn O'Connor can give you all the in info you would need.

But as nick says other people will probably comment on how their experience went.

J

Tommy Caddick

Cleantalk Member
If I was to use a rotary machine on the lino what pad would be best? And is there a product to apply following the clean to seal the floor or is not an issue with lino? STS seems to be the obvious product of choice for cleaning here.

Mike Cocks

Cleantalk Member
I have the excentr 20-30+ so far I love it but feel i can get so much more out of it with a little help

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Ok then a red pad and STS diluted at around 1:200 should be fine, the Excentr Pink pad actually has slight grit in n the fibres for deeper cleaning of stone floors so possibly a little to course for Linolium or marmolium

Regards

Nick

Jon Chrimes

Cleantalk Member
@Mike Cocks . I've just been over to complete the inaugural hard floor trading from Solution and Excentr b.v..
Cheap return flight, hotel cheaper than UK. Took same time to get there as to Cornwall. ( ask Eamon about getting home though!) So costs similar.
The guys attending ranged from no kit, no experience, two or three with previous courses, equipment and various levels of experience under their belts. Lots of hands on and quality classroom instruction from enthusiastic experienced trainers.
We all sat a short test at the end so the trainers could ensure we'd understood the ' Excentr Method'
Conclusion was that we all felt we had come away with more knowledge and confidence than we went with. For me it was the confidence to do more natural stone polishing and maybe even some wood with my Excentr 43.
Time and money well spent in my view.
The final pic is some horribly damaged Belgian blue stone that we got back to a mirror finish. The pic probably doesn't do it justice.

Attachments