Looking for baumatic door handle

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
Hi i made the error of telling a customer i could get them a new door handle and fit it as they had damaged their current one.
I idea being keeps them happy made me feel important (lol) and they said they would give me some labour cost.

Anyhow, its a baumatic and i cant find a handle for the life of me, the one place i can they say to purchase it then they import it but could take 2 weeks could take longer.

Here is the handle which is out of stock till you pay then they try to get it, not something i want to do.

So anyone know where to get them or even if other oven share same handle, one on the lamona single oven looks identical for example.

Cheers.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Joe

I no its not going to help but I never do any repairs for customers.

The best thing to do in this business is get a good relationship with an electrical appliance repair shop.

They will no all the suppliers and it also saves you wasting your team asking questions on here 😅

Stick to cleaning ovens and earn some decent money.

Steve

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
Fair enough mate , each to our own but it seems a complete waste of time to me, cant see what getting parts for peoples ovens has to do with cleaning. Plus you did call it an error?
I teamed up with a local repair man years ago and when anything like this comes up i pass his number on, customers are always happy with that

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Hi

Yes I did the same as Duncan above. The advantage is they no all the suppliers makes and models etc.

That then leaves me to concentrate on earning money not wasting my time asking for help on here 😅

Steve

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
Hi

Yes I did the same as Duncan above. The advantage is they no all the suppliers makes and models etc.

That then leaves me to concentrate on earning money not wasting my time asking for help on here 😅

Steve
Interesting how highly you think of the forum.
It was a simple question about a door handle. Considering we all have the possibility of an unfortunate mistake where a part broke its good to know that some parts you'd expect were simple to source are actually hard to get hold of.

Anyway i ended up sorting it for her, she is in her 70's and as the oven was now so clean wanted the handle to look as good.

All sorted, happy to help her.
And don't concern yourself with how or what i 'waste' my time with on here or anywhere.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Joe

Not concerned with what you do with your time.

Just people on here have time and again told people to buddy up with electoral appliance engineers or shops for the exact problems you posted.

I personally prefer not to spend my time searching the Internet and would rather spend my spare time with my family or my hobbies.

If you want to spend your time doing what you wanna do fair enough. Just maybe some people on here have learned there lesson and just offer advice to make your life easier.

Upto you though its your business so crack on bud.