HI all
Does anyone loose customers over the winter period
Had about 6 customers cancel there regular window clean
And say come back in April
What do you make of that

Brian Barber

Cleantalk Member
It happens
Also, looking at your van, as soon as you list carpet cleaning, it's like they think you can fall back on carpet cleaning, hence may explain your high winter drop out rate.
When you start new customers read the mantra that you clean all year round in all weathers, this will hopefully weed out the messers.
Top tip......once a messer....always a messer.

That is all

Mr B

• Agreed
  • Best Answer!
Reactions: 2 users

daniel crouch

Active Cleantalker
Brian nailed it Steve , don't even go back in April ! You provide a monthly service not as and when you want me service ? Takes time to build a round with good reliable customers and you have to trim off the crap in order to get that !
So I wouldn't worry about it too much ...it can also be a good time to pick up new customers also (or it used to be when we did domestic ) .

• Agreed
  • Best Answer!
Reactions: 1 users

Steven Swanson

Active Cleantalker
Agreed
And thankyou
I've actually picked up 3 new domestics
And 2 commercial customers
So not to bad

• Agreed
Reactions: 1 users

Daniel Paton

Well-Known Cleantalker
Agree with above. Bin and replace. I don't know how tight your round is but try and replace with work in your immediate area so your compacting your round at the same time. More money and less hours and fuel.

• Best Answer!
Reactions: 1 user

Ian wicks

Cleantalk Member
We make it clear it’s a year round service, I will always go back to a customer if they want spring summer they just pay the same price as it would cost for yearly, I normally convert them to have it through the winter as there isn’t a benefit to them having them only when the suns out either way I don’t mind

Lon Riece

New Cleantalker
It happens but setting the clear expectations upfront helps, as well as one idea is sending them a reminder and a strong incentive/reason to keep cleaning during the winter and year-round.

Reactions: 1 user

George Labana

New Cleantalker
Loosing customers is inevitable. From experience It's best to make customers have a bi monthly clean.
Your retention loyalty base will be significantly higher.

Also get your customers to pay online.
That reduces the "ouch" factor psychologically because it's less painful than parting with cash.

So to summarize. .
Bi monthly cleans. (Means you have to get twice as many customers)

Getting people to pay on line.