LTT Leather

Mark on leather

David McBride

Cleantalk Member
Any suggestions how I can improve this recent stain for a friend. I am only carpet and upholstery trained and have no leather training but we live on an island off the coast of Cornwall. The mark has only been there a few days but I have no idea how to try any basic first aid. I am sure even just a slight improvement would be appreciated....caused by a chocolate truffle explosion :smile: :smile:

Attachments

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
The important thing here is the type of leather this is. Identification is crucial to any stain removal.
This looks like an Aniline style leather which means the stain has soaked in rather than sitting on the surface.

The first thing to do with any chocolate stain on Aniline is to try heat with a hairdryer - we have successfully dissipated stains this way on many an occasion but it does not always happen unfortunately.
If this does not work it may need considerably more work than you would want to tackle without training as things could get a whole lot worse!

Hope this helps
Judyb

David McBride

Cleantalk Member
The important thing here is the type of leather this is. Identification is crucial to any stain removal.
This looks like an Aniline style leather which means the stain has soaked in rather than sitting on the surface.

The first thing to do with any chocolate stain on Aniline is to try heat with a hairdryer - we have successfully dissipated stains this way on many an occasion but it does not always happen unfortunately.
If this does not work it may need considerably more work than you would want to tackle without training as things could get a whole lot worse!

Hope this helps
Judyb
Thanks Judy...Will hopefully join one of your courses later in the year although I am not sure how much call there will be for it here, but I reckon it will be a fascinating new skill...