Marks & Spenser 100% Jute

Discussion in 'Rug Cleaning Issues' started by Tony Woods, May 14, 2018 at 9:27 PM.

1. Tony Woods

Tony Woods Member

Advertisements:
    Hi guys,
    any advice on how to go about cleaning this 100% Jute rug from M&S. It says on the label to use a mild carpet shampoo, Im thinking thorough vacuum, MPower, light brush, not sure about water extraction though?
    20180514_204713.jpg

2. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

Tony,

The level and type of soiling will influence the choice but your method is an acceptable one, though I would rinse with either Final Phase or (better) Crystal Rinse.

Another approach would be to use an encapsulating shampoo such as Fusion Clean. Agitation could be either with a CRB with soft brushes or by hand with a tampico brush.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans Member

Hi Tony I have had some great results by using a similar method to John using Fusion Clean and a hand mitt. But being very fastidious with the vacuum part.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tony Woods

Tony Woods Member

thanks for the input guys...... i sprayed a light mist of Fusion Clean, then sprinkled some dry compound on. Came up ok just.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice