Microfibre Challenge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas Wood

Cleantalk Member
ive been asked to clean two microfibre sofas and dining chairs , mega trashed not sure if it’s worth the effort? I’ve tested clean one dining chair and it came up pretty good - pictures attached. If you zoom in closer you can still see the marks Although much improved. The sofa is in worse condition than the diner chairs , I’ll get a photo when I drop the chair off .
I used spm on it and applied a few times to get the best result , I also did one of the sides with HD , it was no different,
How would you guys attempt it , methods etc

Attachments

Alex Hamilton

Cleantalk Member
I did a micro fibre suite today
I may get shot down for this but at the end of the day it’s all subject to testing so whatever...
I used nitro boosted with soluboost agitated with my drill brush absorbed with a terry then extracted then terry towelled off again came up nicely and didn’t take long because the product worked fast and I wasn’t applying again and again.
Nice results by the way I think the picture looks good

Nicholas Wood

Cleantalk Member
Thanks Alex , a lot of crud came off straight away but I had to re apply and extract again .
If I get the job as I said I would test this first I may give the nitro a go .
I’ve priced the work in relation to the heavy soiling so not sure if I will get it .

Andrew Evans

Cleantalker Veteran
Wow Nitro boosted, that is one heck of a powerful combination. You strip floors with Nitro on its own. You can easily deliminate the fabric at that sort of strength.
I use HD or M Power good dwell agitate with a hand mitt and a good rinse.
Micro fibre or faux suede usually come up well but you can't guarantee all stains or marks.
Our job is to get the best possible result in the safest manner.
The original state doesn't matter, if you damage it they will want your insurance details.
Not having a go at anyone but upholstery can bite and bite hard.

Alex Hamilton

Cleantalk Member
This wouldn’t be my normal approach just to clarify. When cleaning I didn’t spray the whole piece I actually cleaned it panel by panel so I was spraying agitating then absorbing then extracting in each separate panel not really letting it dwell for long at all.
I appreciate that it’s a drastic measure but what I’m saying is as long as you test then I don’t see a problem also this wasn’t a faux suede it was a simple cream microfibre.

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Microfibre is a dream, filthy ones I could clean all day!
Same as JB really, give them a good dousing of M Power (Fusion 8 is more oily soiling) , hand mitt & tonnes of water via the sapphire, always look stunning!
You get into trouble when you don't rinse with enough water so a puny machine with say 100psi pump will only ever really remove the surface dirt (unless you are planning on moving in for a while!?)

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Nick
Usually around 300psi with the Sapphire set so that the water is spitting out passed the end of the tool (when tool is not in contact), nice & slow & usually dry in an hour or so

Nicholas Wood

Cleantalk Member
Ok Steve thanks , I don’t have the sapphire tool I use CFR hand tool .
I guess much lower psi with repeats .ive been told I’ve got the job just got to wait for the go ahead , I’ll update pics if I do mate

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Nick,

With a 5" CFR tool I suggest you set the static pressure to 200 psi with the No. 3 jet fitted. Do yourself a favour and clean at least one panel with M-P, then you will probably decide to use it for the rest of the job. Crystal Rinse (not too hot, otherwise you may set in the tool marks) or final Phase will leave it with a good hand and improve the final towelling.

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Nick
I think that when JB said "a panel" he was referring to a test panel rather than just spray/ agitate per panel
Just to see how easy it is really
I'd certainly want to spray the entire suite when you do it all as especially with M Power it'd make the job a LOT easier

Status
Not open for further replies.