Microwave ovens

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
Went to a job expecting a double oven and it turned out to be a single oven and a microwave oven thing by Neff.
I managed to clean it fine but I definitely undercharged based on the extra time it took as it's 2 3rds of a single oven and the door was a pain to figure out.

What's the going rate for these things? I was thinking around £35. not sure if that's too much or not.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
The lesson is ask the correct questions and get them to WhatsApp a picture .

Around all the hassle. The neff combi mic doors are pretty easy to take apart. £55 for single oven £25 for combi mic. £35 is way too much

Alastair Shields

Cleantalk Member
I rarely clean microwaves and if I do I've never felt the need to split the door. I'm assuming you should check for mw radiation leaks after putting the door back together.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
Alastair

These are microwaves where the doors are designed to be split. Clearly it's something you Need to learn on order to do a complete microwave clean.

Steve
It's not something that was covered during my limited amount of training, It is the first time I've had to clean one. But I would assume most are similar to a standard oven. Still, plenty to learn every day.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Harry

Yes it's a steep learning curve when you first start I am afraid. No amount or training will help do everything. There are only a few microwaves where you can split the door anyway so once you do one its really easy.

Even though I have been cleaning over 14 years I still come across new things now and again. This forum place is a good thing to be part of if you get stuck though

Steve

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
The forum has been a great help, I'm about 7 months running now. I very much enjoy the learning, from the cleaning to business matters. Marketing seems to be the most difficult part as it's very difficult to pinpoint what works and what doesn't.