Middle glass.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
Might be hard to tell by the images, but I could not figure out how to remove the middle glass piece. It's held together on all four sides and I was unable to fully clean the glass.

What can I do as I would like to go back another day and have it done properly. 20201120_145344.jpg 20201120_145351.jpg

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
Sounds risky do you think they are pliable enough to bend back without breaking. ?
Some doors are bonded . Which mean taking the bonding off and then applying new. But if there is metal clips ! Also looks like a screw to the sides! If it goes togther then it must split ! Somethings are made bonded tho !

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
Some doors are bonded . Which mean taking the bonding off and then applying new. But if there is metal clips ! Also looks like a screw to the sides! If it goes togther then it must split ! Somethings are made bonded tho !
I tried taking the screws off on the front and it gave a little movement but not enough to slide it out.
The front glass is bonded on.

Since im just starting out I don't want to leave the glass like that, and going back to sort it is extra brownie points, possible review worthy.

Paul W Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Just show the customer it's bonded and you won't be splitting it.
I did one about 10 years ago customer knew there was a chance it would break and was willing for me to do it.
All was fine after the job but 3 months later I got a call to replace the glass as it had jus smashed. Customer paid for everything, new glass and my time.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Not worth the risk as Paul pointed out. Just show the customer what a poor design it is. They will soon understand and as Paul said just put it back on them 1st. If they want you to do it its there responsibility.

They will soon say no don't bother then.

Steve