More wood

Florin Titiriga

Cleantalk Member
I really enjoyed doing this wood floor job. The customer was over the moon with the end results ( only if she knew it was my 1st paid job).

Same like before, I struggled when it came to filling the floor gaps. The 80 gritt just wasn't cutting through the fillter, especially in the small bedroom where the floor was uneven. I had to go back to 40 gritt to get rid off all the filler.

Ideally, I would like to do just woods and stone as it saves you from running arround for these £60-100 jobs.

Advice and critics are welcomed.

Attachments

Paul White

Cleantalk Member
The easiest way to fill parquet is to mix your fine dust & solvent filler to a thin to medium batter type (dependent on size of gaps) consistency and screed fill the floor with a very smooth edged flat trowel. Using a window cleaning technique to remove as much from the surface as you go. Getting this right will save you a lot of time sanding off the excess. To get the perfect finish it may be necessary to repeat the process with a thinner mix as if there are some larger gaps the filler will sink slightly. Easier and quicker though to do it right twice than wrong once. If it does sink in larger gaps & you don't refill & sand you will end up with darker noticeable gaps. Also make sure you move as much excess away from the edges as you can as this will save a lot of time removing it once dry.

It might be an idea to start keeping some fine dust from the jobs you do so when you get to a job with larger gaps you can use it to get them two thirds filled before even getting the equipment off the van. This again will save time later. Use a fast drying filler like Lecol.