Mould On Curtain Lining

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig wilson

Cleantalk Member
Hi all

I have a customer who has some long curtains its just the lining that has black mould on.
Any suggestions Spot Solve how to remove?

Only going by a description told to me they are most likely cotton / linen lined.

many thanks
Craig

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Craig
If they are very lightweight cotton you may be able to remove the mould BUT also discolour the linen/ cotton at the same time.
Mould is mould & on the lining it will be both front & back & tbh that's not a job I'd fancy doing as you'll be cleaning 4 sides on each curtain & after a lot of effort may not get the desired result.
If she could guarantee that it wouldn't bother her that the lining would be very patchy & her main concern is to get the mould off then thee are products to help, but they come at a risk, so maybe speak with her to see what her percieved value would be.

Steve Swinney

Cleantalk Member
Mould is a bugger to remove,i have done a good number of caravan awnings that (Mould & mildew remover) just did jack sh#t.............the product that worked a treat was Vanish :doh: (yes i always reproofed after)

Andrew Evans

Cleantalker Veteran
Best to get them relined, offer to clean the curtains and reline then take them to a dry cleaners only way to get a decent job done usually get a 30% discount from the dry cleaners and everyone is a winner :thumbup:

Shaun Ashmore

Cleantalk Member
We get asked all the time in our dry cleaners there is nothing that will totally get rid of it on every job replacement of the linings is usually recommended but some people can't be bothered with that and are after a quick and easy fix one lady asked us if we would recolour them with chalk as it said in her 101 quick fix book for the home! Staff said they'd do it when they were quieter.....January, she soon buggered off.

Shaun

craig wilson

Cleantalk Member
thanks guys !
I have informed the custy to replace them rather than clean them.

I was expecting someone to say m power 80/1 haha as thats what i would of done!

Mike Dennick

Cleantalk Member
Hi Craig there is some stuff in the states called curtain magic mold remover I belive it can be perchased in this country now , it is not cheap and I have not used it , like others I have given up when it comes to removing mold from curtains. If you do ever use it let me know how you get on with it I will also do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.