Neff Oven Cleaning

Steven Fletcher

Cleantalk Member
Not for me this one as I'm not set up for oven cleaning. However, a client is looking to know the best and proper way to clean her Neff oven?

Would ask a pro in my area, but there are none....

Mike Jones

Cleantalk Member
There's nothing particularly different about a Neff (unless it has a Slide and Hide door). The side racks look different but have a little clip to release them, and some have almost total coverage of self-clean panels which will come out once the side racks are removed.. That would just leave the bottom and the door glass. She could buy a £3 glass and tile scraper from B&Q, cover the bottom and glass with Cif and then scrape away what she can. Then, use some Astonish paste (if she can find this increasingly rare product) and steel wool to polish - although I tend to avoid Astonish on glass as I'm paranoid. If it's more complex than that I'd get someone in from outside the area. For the racks, the Ovenpride bags should do a reasonable job - but remember to leave them to soak outside (seen a few acid burns in customer's kitchens when they've left them on worktops and had a leak). This would all give a basic clean, but wouldn't be much more costly to get someone in.

Steven Fletcher

Cleantalk Member
Brilliant answer Mike, thank you very much for that. I'll pass that information on to the client and she can make a more informed decision. I managed to get hold of someone that does ovens outside the area, but said he wouldn't travel as it wouldn't be worth it, which is fair enough.

Shame as there is a total untapped market around my area, probably 80K+ population.

Thanks again Mike.

Steven Fletcher

Cleantalk Member
Me...my van, whereabouts was this? I spent time this morning looking again and could find no one that will cover what is a pretty large area.