Neff Slide And Hide

Declan Hughes

Cleantalk Member
I've read the threads in her about removing the neff slide and hide doors which was really helpful ::thanks: My question is, I have one booked in for cleaning on Monday and the lady says it is a year old and replaced her old one that caught fire. She's mainly worried about the roof of the oven as they are too scared to use the grill as that is how the old caught fire. Does anyone ever remove the grill element to clean the roof as this one looks as though it has loads of nooks and crannies rather than being flat?

Mike Jones

Cleantalk Member
I don't remove the element, and usually explain (if I feel I have to which is very rarely) that the roof is more inaccessible so there may still be small amounts of carbon in the corners of any enamel detailing. I also explain that I have to go slightly easier in order to avoid damage to the element. Never had any problems with that. Most elements will drop a couple of inches anyway - either from releasing the small side bar or being stretchy as to pull at them and then dropping - or the screw into the roof variety.