New Business Adventure - Carpet Pre Spray Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christoph Walker

Cleantalk Member
Hi Nick, you mean my public liability insurance? If that’s what your referring too, then yeah all arranged and in place.

Thanks, Chris

Gary Richard Coles

Cleantalk Member
I understand where you're coming from Chris, you have a machine and you have some carpets to get practicing on and eager to get at it.

There isn't really a simple answer to your question as the pre spray used will be dependent on the carpet fibre and the type of soiling. On a whole M-Power is safe and very effective to use on most carpets and if I had to choose 1 product it would be that but please don't take that as me saying spray it down on anything and it will be fine as that's not the case.

To really know what is best to use on each job you'll need to know the basics of how to identify fibre types, backings and what type of soiling each product is best suited to.

With regards to rinses you don't need 1 with M-Power which is another plus of that product. However some products and fibre types will require a rinse.

If I could tell you which product to use for each type of carpet and soiling id happily do so but there's just far too many factors to consider. With good training and of course experience you'll have the knowledge to make that call for yourself in no time.

Christoph Walker

Cleantalk Member
Thank you Gary, for noticing where I’m coming from. I think in time with experience and like you say with the correct training I may use a combination of difference products.

You can probably tell I’m keen to get going and make this successful.

You have any experience with SPM?

Thank you, Chris

Steve Fellows

Cleantalk Member
Chris
You seem intent on doing before learning !
but I don't see how you can learn some techniques by doing it yourself without learning from someone else.
I understand your enthusiasm to get started and then do formal training.
So why not do a compromise.
I am in york
Come and work with me for a day it's just 20 odd miles
Il happily answer all of your questions and teach you what little I know

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Chris,

Consider also that if you use up your 'guinea pigs' whilst working blind, who will be available for practice after you have been trained?

Jamie Thirtle

Cleantalk Member
I'd highly recommend taking steve fellows up on his offer.. hands on is by far the best training and experience you will ever get... reading on a forum about stuff you have no idea about is like the blind leading the blind honestly mate once you see how it's done it's starts to click what people are talking about on here.. Good luck and enjoy it

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Hi Jamie

I agree to a point, the point being has the person who is training you the knowledge themselves. or are you simply picking up bad techniques from someone else who is guessing through things???

By far the best thing to do is attend a recognised professional training course. Or you could just gamble on not getting caught out, or end up going out of business.

Not that I am suggesting Steve is in that category:cool:

Ed Valentine

Cleantalk Member
Chris

Obviously you have been advised that proper training is extremely important to the success of your business future. That should be a No-Brainer and a large majority of successful operators will mention that the SOLUTIONS team is one of the very, very best. A proven group consistent over the years with the best instructors and a through comprehension of facts.

But lets not forget that the other most important aspect which I have witnessed is that the SOLUTION team offers during the "how-to" classes, is: proper "communication". You see, how you communicate with the potential customer will determine if you get awarded the job and will also contribute to the success of a job well done in the customers mind. This important aspect I am sure, is well over looked and most times taken for granted by the operators. But, not by SOLUTIONS.

And, those above are proof and have all demonstrated that. These are some of the finest individuals in your field.

Best to you and your success.

Christoph Walker

Cleantalk Member
Sounds like I could benefit from a day with you, what’s your current diary like? and then I can decide for myself how much to invest into training.

Thank you for the offer :woohoo:
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.