New Eco Products

Paul Spiers

Cleantalk Member
Having just spent the day in what for me was a pretty new and unusual cleaning operation for a client where a lot of future lucrative business was at stake, maybe to many people that isn't the ideal situation to try out new products unless you have a lot of faith in the products and the supplier they come from.

Yes you guessed, the pixie man has been at it again, and once again seems to have the solution for the problem, or even two solutions in this case.

Without going into too great a detail, the client required a deep hygenic clean to toilets, washrooms, and a first aid room. Part of the main criteria of the clean due to odour & potential blockage problems was the removal of uric acid salts build up in the system in the washrooms. The rest of the cleaning work was pretty straightforwards with products I was used to and confident with to supply the required results.

Descaling of the sanitary wear is normally pretty straight forward unless the client demands it done in an eco manner,and removing the uric salts crystallisation was a first for me. Due to what was required being out of my plumbing skills I had a very experienced plumber with me to disconnect the urinal traps and refit them when cleaned. His opinion was that due to the build up of salts, new traps would have to be fitted, and I must admit that when the traps were taken off and I saw the amount of salts in there he was right. The odour by the way, was also a first for me and has a smell all of its own!!!

I don't know what the names of the products are, not sure if they have been christened as yet, but they certainly worked. Dwell times were a suck it and see exercise with a guideline of 15 to 30 mins for the uric acid salts in the traps, but the salts were approx 80% dissolved within 20 mins, and only required light scrubbing with a small brush to remove all trace of the salts, prior to refitting. Even the plumber saw something new and was impressed with the results.

Descaling of the toilet bowls was an absolute doddle and in 6 cases only required a single dose of the product and a 5 min dwell prior to flushing the bowl for all scale to disappear, 1 bowl needed a quick swirl with a brush to remove the final traces of the scale.

I don't know how many on here will be involved with cleaning tasks such as these, but who knows where your business can take you, this came about initially due to eco-carpet cleaning.

Yes thats right, eco-cleaning, the method of cleaning that for some is a myth, that can't be done without detergents, high heat, high ph etc. Yet it worked on scale and salts at cold water temps on cold sanitary wear that had built up for years, but it won't work on carpets according to some? Tell that to one of the countrys biggest institutions who have also been subject to brain washing.

The reason for the above remark is not to spark some kind of argument or a dig at anyone, but simply to emphasise how misguided certain comments get thrown around all too easily. My business would not be at where it is today without my involvement with a certain supplier, as its taken me into so many other fields I would never have thought it possible to go into as a carpet cleaner. I admit at one stage I was very sceptical about what I considered as hype about certain products and that same supplier, who I voiced it too during our relationship, but thankfully my scepticism didn't get in the way.

Nick, JB and all at Solutions many thanks for all the help and support, and most importantly the products, whats next by the way?

PS: Norway was a great idea. (private joke)

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Thanks Paul,

We aim to please ............... and we innovate to improve!

But only those who are prepared to remove 'mind-blinkers' benefit. (And their clients, of course :wink:)

Paul Spiers

Cleantalk Member
As a follow on to the product's use, I tried it out on the shower at home, normally I use one of the proprietary sink & plug unblockers which cost in the region of £4-00 plus per bottle and works out pretty expensive. I dosed the outlet with approx 30 mls of product and left for 15mins, ran the shower and take away of the water was as it should be.

Costings will be much reduced to keep the shower outlet free of grunge etc, and also the time vastly reduced compared to normal products.

How many homes have similar problems with shower drain outlets, how many hotels, b&b's have you had a shower in and ended up standing in gunky water? Oh yes there is a market out there.

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Hi All

Thanks Paul for the feed back.

The new products are Solu-Clear and Grease Cleaner.

And Solu-Fresh ( Toilet and washroom cleaner and De-Scaler)

I think the names say it all

Both products have yet to be added to World of Clean but can be purchased through the Solution Office 01208 79450

Best regards Nick