New here and looking forward to training

Mark Weatherill

New Cleantalker
Hi everyone.

I do my training in roughly a months time and really looking forward to starting out.

although I have to say I’m anxious at the same time about leaving a well paid sales job (which I hate) to becoming self employed. I feel the time is right though to make the move.

I’m in Northern Ireland and just hope I can make a decent living from this , being in sales I know how to market myself and advertise etc so I’m hoping that will help me.

anyway I’m sure I’ll be on here pickling peoples brains for advice as well as my trainers . Any tips or advice will be greatly received .

cheers

Mark Weatherill

New Cleantalker
Nothing is set in stone. We have pencilled in a date and if things change we will move the date. It’s the very end of July and the way things are going in Northern Ireland , hopefully it will be ok.

Tal cohen

Cleantalk Member
Hi mark
Welcome to the world of stained forearms,flat nails an the smell of Bio(Evans lift in my case)!
I’ve been going a year or so and it’s been really good..it’s an add on to an existing cleaning buisness so matured v quickly...
Did 3 days training,got gas dip tank
And away I went....
Positive attitude is a must!!

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
There will be lots more competition now with all the redundancies coming up the next few months you watch.
Yep i said this few months ago when someone was saying how great it was that many oven cleaner one man bands would go to the wall and he had enough reserves to last 10 years or something...

I pointed out that there will actually be LOADS of people taking up oven cleaning after the poo hits the fan.... (not literally as some ovens have fans!!)

Round my way it seems collection of rubbish is the big one though at the moment...

Having said that, cleaning ovens is not for everyone and i would imagine many would be put off after the first job.

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
When I started 8 years ago there was about 5 cleaners . I think now there is about 5 real competition I mean . Many fall a few started before me . But like any think it's building a base . That what takes time . And surviving the dips .

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
Good Luck Mark, i started with no training and a lot of desperation and would say it takes three years without training to get to where you know what you are doing, it's a big regret to me, could have saved me a lot of time and a few hundred quids of breakage.