New one for me

Jon Chrimes

Cleantalk Member
I allowed lots of time for strip and seal of some very old Marmoleum kitchen tiles. Customer had been considering replacement.
Strip n clean no problem. Then used Solution's Excalibur for the first time. Three coats on a high humidity day, mmm could be long waits for drying. However this stuff lays down so easily and dries so quickly I find myself with the morning off today . Excalibur, if you've not tried it as a gloss seal for vinyl, wood etc give it a go. Great stuff! ( poor pic but you'll get the idea)
20190829_162423.jpg

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
John

I used it in December in a gym treatment area
On some 20 year old vinal that had a tattered seal on it.

The stripper works a treat

3 coats in about 5 hours

It goes on very easily.

J

Jon Chrimes

Cleantalk Member
@Jacob Ward The customers keen to know how long its going to last. I said 'no one can say, it depends entirely on how ones going to look after it'. However with just her and her husband , small dog and using the correct cleaning agent I'd hope it stays shiny for a year.
We changed from the the Forbo stuff as it just hadn't lasted. Shes aware the guarantee is now void but its ancient lol. Very satisfying and hope to get more like it!

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Some years back Nick posted a very impressive photo of a large commercial job where he used that product range.

At the time I put the photos on World of Clean but that was before the software upgrade. Perhaps Nick still has copies.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Daniel

What I did was probably different from John

Using the excalibur stripper, sprayed and left for a 10 min dwell.

The sealer was coming off already, the soiling ingrained into it was floating in the stripper liquid

I used a rotary with a red pad and wet vacced and mopped up after.

J

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
At the time I put the photos on World of Clean but that was before the software upgrade. Perhaps Nick still has copies.
No pics have ever been lost, here's the first ever pic uploaded to Cleantalk in 2002 https://www.cleantalk.co.uk/threads/sunny-day-out-in-the-north-west.2249/page-2#post-17336

You previously linked to an article on world of clean back in the day, that is indeed gone now :confused:

I think this is the Excalibur pic you're thinking of, I keep everything backed up, makes me smile looking at the old stuff

xcal_after(edited).JPG

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
Yup :smile: we should do a thread of old stock and pics from back in the day, your old thread of ancient cleaning machines on cleaning pro's was a good un

Remember when just watching videos on cleantalk was a big thing in 2007 , we were also fully mobile responsive friendly in 2013 with just 15% of websites, first cc forum with likes, always good to be ahead with the forum and products

I think Dennis posted the first embed https://www.cleantalk.co.uk/threads/one-in-the-eye-for-the-bank.5715/

Carry on with your hardfloor stuff :lol: I'll get my coat as usual, I've not a clue about hardfloors

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Ah, the hours I put in to creating that mammoth thread.

Sadly the server "crashed" (or was unplugged) a few days early just before I was going to download the full back-up of the Cleaningpros site. :down: