New New Solution Machines

Robin Ray

Cleantalk Member
Yes that is the motor used in the chart, however not the number you originally quoted.

I take your point this could seem confusing. However for many it seems confusing that the Jag can produce more power than the motors factory stated power:confused: We all accept that this is true however as it has been tested and proven:thumbup:

The test in the chart seems to show a reduction in power. My guess would be the restrictions within the machine and the 30ft of hose could cause this.
However as Ametech did the test and those are the results, whatever the possible cause, just like the jag the result is the result...:dunno:

Robin

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
This debate aside, I'm running off at a tangent again:thinking:

As far as I am aware, virtually every UK manufacturer does not quote the vac performance figures of their machine, but of the components, taking the figures from that component manufacturer's spec. sheet. They will more or less double up on the appropriate numbers as relevant to their machine's configuration.

The obvious exception here is Solution. Using their own calibrated testing equipment, they measure the performance of the MACHINE and not the COMPONENT. During research, they will be able to tell in an instant whether this idea or that is maximising performance or reducing it. I've been fortunate enough on several occasions to witness the way Solution go about turning ideas into reality, measuring the gain or loss from internal "plumbing" modifications just to gain those few extra CFM's and inches. They even made a see through lid for the Scorpion/Jaguar range so that vac tank turbulence can be observed. As we all now know, strategically placed holes on the baffle box has reduced turbulence and gained a little extra performance.

This is why the work done by Nick, JB, Ed and their teams has enabled my Jaguar to "out-perform" the components it's made from. Without having seen the production i Xtreme in action, I am confident that a similar approach to it's development has taken place.

I know I am repeating myself, but if you look at many mid to high performance portables, you will note that they need cooling fans within the cabinet. CA and Solution design and R&D design-in efficient cabinet cooling without adding such complexities (and cost)

There are many "squirty-sucky box and wands" out there that do not fulfil their potential because of poor design or lack of enough R&D.

This soap-box is pretty high and not doing my vertigo any good:blush:

Safe and happy engineering:smile:
Ken

Joe Hatton

Cleantalker Veteran
You will struggle to suck that flooded area dry.:shock:

I would turn the machine around so the suction hose is direct into the house and straighter (more efficient), and the switches are there facing you as well.
I would wait until you done at least a week of work before you report any comments on here. It will take YOU that long to get used to the machine, finding the best way to make it work to its maximum. Within that time scale I reckon you still too new to it.

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Similar thoughts as Joe.

I'm sure you know in any case Elfyn but you're losing hose length or requiring more hose length that way round - no doubt you set it up then realised that straight away.

How did the machine feel loading & unloading?

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
Elfyn has the vac-port fitting for the van-mounting option. The other design is turned through 180degrees for those who require it.

If the machine in the picture was turned around, everything would be Hunky Dory. Now that brings back memories:woohoo:

Safe and happy hose routing:smile:
Ken

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Elfyn has the vac-port fitting for the van-mounting option. The other design is turned through 180degrees for those who require it.
Aha, thanks Ken, that's a useful feature. Can that only be done at the build stage, or can one give the vac port a 180 degree turn any time they wished to?

Elfyn Rees

Cleantalk Member
I'd sited the machine and run the cables before connecting the hose and I just couldn't be bothered to change things. Rookie mistake, but I'll be wiser next time.
After cleaning the pocket fluff from the lens, I took the photo with my phone and it doesn't really do it justice - the river is a lot closer than it looks - you'd, literally, be looking down at it.

Simon Nickson

Cleantalk Member
Must admit Simon, I keep reading it and looking at the new posts.................not read anything ''interesting'' yet. :dunno:
Lee - take your head out of Nick's backside - wipe off all the excr.m..t - now hopefully you can see more clearly the very very interesting and thought provoking opinions I refer to which by the way have become even more interesting, and almost outrageous since my original post.:lol:

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
CIU thought provoking and interesting, !!?? that's one interpretation I guess, the other would not be printable, many of the comments are way over the line. Some from Pseudo experts who know nothing first hand of the new equipment in question, and are simply mud slinging. Tiresome and annoying and about time they grew up.

Regards

Nick

A

adrian marsh

CIU thought provoking and interesting, !!?? that's one interpretation I guess, the other would not be printable, many of the comments are way over the line. Some from Pseudo experts who know nothing first hand of the new equipment in question, and are simply mud slinging. Tiresome and annoying and about time they grew up.

Regards

Nick
Calm down dear, you know it's not good for you:goodday:

There are two types of people in this world, there are the doer's & there are the talker's. In the main the talker's always knock the doer's. The doer's just get on with it and produce something while the talker's are still arguing between themselves. :run:

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
I was speaking to a fellow CC last night who mentioned that some plank on CIU stated that the machine was of "poor build quality".

He would know, of course, having inspected the machine in such great detail! Perhaps he would be kind enough to tell me which wire has come off the fan circuit of my oven if I post a photo of the outside - with his super-powers that should be a doddle.