LTT Leather

Nubuck Leather

Steven Fletcher

Cleantalk Member
Evening everyone,

The newest team member is training with Judy Bass next week. Through a third party I have an enquiry regarding cleaning a Nubuck sofa. This client is aware that training for the team member is not till next week...in fact she was impressed with who the training was.

Client is looking for a estimation/ price guide for how they might have to pay. Is anyone able to provide me with a price range?

Any help greatly appreciated, it would be great to have a potential client lined up for the team member when they return from training.

Attachments

Susan Bines

Cleantalk Member
Agree with Jared and Lee this is a microfiber suite, I am often called to quote this type of furniture when the customer thinks it is suede/leather or nubuck, I then pass this work onto Andrew who wet cleans them.

Regards Susan 'LTT Trained Leather technician'

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
If you can, have a look at the backing of the fabric, fabric will mean its microfiber, suede equals nubuck or similar.

You may have to lift it up and have a peek underneath but I'd agree with everyone else with just the seeing the pic, nubucks normally look the part, nothing like that.

Reaches for the nitro... :smile:

Thomas Hennessy

Cleantalk Member
It's annoying I imagine, but I'm sure the fact that you are there and can quote for andrew would be a great selling point for your family business

Steven Fletcher

Cleantalk Member
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. It was the client that said it was Nubuck. I don't really do upholstery or much leather myself so I was a bit blind with this one.

Thanks again everyone.

K.O. (Shorty) Glanville

Cleantalk Member
I also agree re the microfibre.

Although this suite (pictured), is made of leather (in the wear areas), it's also made of vinyl (in the non wear areas, such as outside back, sides, etc:wink:.

Here's a pic of the inside rear flap on a recliner, it illustrates the similarities of what you would expect to see in a microfibre suite.

Also a pic to show the leather & vinyl (that has faded).

As Mark Roberts said, Microfibre has fabric on the inside, or, as I like to explain to the custard, "real cattle don't have a nice fabric tummy".

Hope this helps.

upload_2018-1-20_6-32-23.png

upload_2018-1-20_6-36-46.png

:2beer::wheelchair::goodday: