Ohhh these could make some.good pictures

Jamie Thirtle

Cleantalk Member
So basically a customer has just had her ceramic floor tiles fitted and have been left in a pretty bad state

Would STS work on removing this and the left over grout or am I looking for something a little stronger

Will be using my excentr43 and blaster wand

Attachments

Peter McDougall

Cleantalk Member
A tiler left them like that? She should go back to him and get him to sort it.

Having said that, if it's just the excess grout, a mop and plain water should sort it.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
A tiler left them like that? She should go back to him and get him to sort it.
Agreed peter

Jamie.
The tiler should be employing you

If someone left that, there is probable issue with unfilled joints, grout different colour and more. You will find this when you reveal it so you need to cover this potential issue before you begin.

That said

I'd go with a green pad on your excentr, or something a little more abrasive than the pink pads you have.

With plain water, and go over it.

You shouldn't need chemicals really with this.

J

Jamie Thirtle

Cleantalk Member
Yep apparently the tiler but I have a feeling the tiler could be the husband or family member..

I'm there in monday to give a sample clean but it should be easy job

Green astro pad Jacob??

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Err

Probably wont be what you need Jamie

A red one or pink one with abit of weight if you havent got the green one would probably do the same

Using sts at first wouldnt gain you anything

You can remove it first pass and rinse then go in with sts at 1 to 50 and take it from there.

J

Jamie Thirtle

Cleantalk Member
So viewed the job today what a mess customer kicked the tiles off the job and it should be finished by end of the week..

Did a quick demo with hand brush as wasnt dragging my machine through all the crap and they cleaned easily enough but left with what looks like grout haze

Tiles are porcelain with a sparkling finish bit of a textured finish to them

What acid would be best to remove the grout

Attachments

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Jamie, nice one :thumbup:

Tile master do a grout haze remover

Word of caution, doing a demo with a hand brush isnt the best way to justify a good price.

Get the excentr out !! It sells itself.

J

Jamie Thirtle

Cleantalk Member
Hey jacob

Hoesntly they didnt even have lights on I had to use my torch lol

I did explain the whole process and showed her some vidoes of the work I've done using the excentr and I think she will book in its 54m2 so could be a good pay day

Think there just sick of living on a site and want it done ASAP

Is it tile master No4

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Did they have new floor laid because wanted to or had issue and had have old one ripped up. Didn't realise gohsting can happen on porcelain?

Jamie Thirtle

Cleantalk Member
They bought the house and having it renovated I believe it was through choice to have the flooring put down..

What's ghosting ?

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
What's ghosting
When you meet a girl for drinks, it goes really well.... :lol:

Well it's basically a thin film of grout on the surface or the setting agent left behind on the surface on the tile, and when dry it goes white.

Jamie you are correct no4 tm is the baby.

I have been in a mobile home for th e last 18 months jamie

So I know the feeling !

J