LTT Leather

Onwards and upwards

Jared Long

Cleantalk Member
I cannot stress how much money and opportunities there are to be had in Leather. We've now been going 3 years and have invested so much effort and time and equipment that things are now paying off

We've purchased a spectrometer which has changed my life with regards to colour and sheen matching and jenny my wife has beavered away with her new leather sewing machine, and we're now able to replace and source new leather and restitch and colour match panels.

A couple of pics of our latest job below. 4 arms off 2 armchairs. The leather was completely perished and needed replacement. We unpicked the old leather and inserted new leather panels, a custom pigment made and arms recoloured then, armchairs flashed with colour. Over the moon with the results

If your unsure on leather, then don't hesitate, there's a huge world out there :thumbup: IMG-20200120-WA0025.jpg 20200123_112935.jpg IMG-20200121-WA0020.jpg IMG-20200123-WA0022.jpg IMG-20200128-WA0011.jpg IMG-20200128-WA0012.jpg 20200128_130052.jpg

Jared Long

Cleantalk Member
Fantastic work Guys, agree 100% about the work opportunities in leather work.
It seems to be taking over my life, from what was supposed to be an add on to my carpet and Upholstery cleaning business, it now accounts for nearly 75% of our turnover.

Yes agreed, you do really well from it. My market is quite sparse due to population so it would be even better in built up areas

Jared Long

Cleantalk Member
Datacolor check 2, with leather maker software on laptop. Think theres 5 in the UK. Its programmed to use pigments from America. It works out colour and sheen of leather then tells you what gloss bases and colours to add to make a ready to use pigment. Amazing bit of kit

Check II2.png

Jared Long

Cleantalk Member
It was expensive kevin definitely, the cost new is even more scary, I think new are around 10k

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
Ian I have to agree and you will actually get the best out of a colour reader if you understand the theory of colour mixing but they do help save time and money - I still use one in the workshop if I am doing large numbers of custom mixes for technicians