Oriental Rugs......i'm Happy To Help.

Declan Bradley

Cleantalk Member
Hi Robert, had posted a set of pictures on the 17th June but had forgotten to put sizes. They are from the top 4.00x3.00 2.5x1.6 1.8x1.2 2.00x1.3 1.9x0.8 I hope that helps.

Thanks, Declan

Robert Aigin

Cleantalk Member
Hi Declan
I’m going to tell you what they are in the order that I am viewing them which I suspect is not the same as you.
top left Persian Abadeh. 5-600
Top right. Turkish Tespinar. 4-500
Mid left Pakistan Bokhara 3-400
Mid right. Persian Kashan. Too worn
Bottom left. Persian Kashgai. 6-700
Bottom right Persian Mahal. 9-1200
this is a retail price assuming they’re in good condition.

David Radley

Cleantalk Member
Hi Robert

Had a customer ask us to clean this rug, customer has no background apart from it was his mum's and maybe Chinese, what's your thoughts.

Thanks in advance
David

Attachments

Robert Aigin

Cleantalk Member
Hi David
He’s correct it is a Super Washed Chinese.
they went through a chemical process to make the wool shiny and soft hence the name Super Washed.
they are out of fashion now but they sold by the truck load in the 70s through to the 90s.
nobody really wants them anymore so they have very little secondhand value.

David Radley

Cleantalk Member
Hi David
He’s correct it is a Super Washed Chinese.
they went through a chemical process to make the wool shiny and soft hence the name Super Washed.
they are out of fashion now but they sold by the truck load in the 70s through to the 90s.
nobody really wants them anymore so they have very little secondhand value.
Cheers Robert

Thanks for the info

Robert Aigin

Cleantalk Member
Hi Darren
First one is Chinese Super Wash. Decorative value only, unsaleable to the trade.
second one is a Persian Nain.
They come in many qualities, a good one will cost around £1000 per square metre retail.

Oliver Campbell

Cleantalk Member
Hi Oliver
It looks like a Tabriz from the photo.
Nicest carpet I’ve seen on Cleantalk.
circa 1900.
Thanks Robert.

Do you have any books you'd recommend to get better at id of rugs, I would love to be better at telling them apart. I can do the simple ones, chinese rinse, gabbeh, bokhara (although not sure i always get that right) but I would like to be better at telling the other ones and know a bit about where they come from and why particular patterns are used extra. A book with lots of photos to see the rugs.