Oriental Rugs......i'm Happy To Help.

Robert Aigin

Cleantalk Member
This one looks like an Indian Jaipur. They are cheap rugs with lousy wool.
Retail replacement around £800-1000 but no resale value to speak of.

Robert Aigin

Cleantalk Member
Sorry, that was for the third pic.
first pic looks like a Romanian carpet. They’re good quality but really just furnishing carpets. It is hand made probably circa 1960. They have decorative value only maybe £4-500 for a six metre carpet.
second one is Persian from one of the villages around Hamadan central Iran I recognise the weave, but the name I’ve forgotten at the moment.
Retail on that in good condition around £1200. Only worth a few hundred in the trade.

Robert Aigin

Cleantalk Member
Hi Declan

I really don’t know how people come up with their dates. These Bakhtiari rugs are at most 50 years old probably around 1970. They would retail at about £600-800 each.

Robert Aigin

Cleantalk Member
Sorry I’ve just seen your post.
it is indeed a sumac, but to be slightly more precise it’s an Afghan Belouch Sumac. They are relatively cheap to buy under £500 retail.

Declan Bradley

Cleantalk Member
Hi Robert, me again. Had a customer send me these pics today. Wants me to clean them but also asked if I knew anything about there origin. I said I'm not sure but I know a man who does!.

Attachments

Carl Sands

Subscriber
Hi Robert, looking for your thoughts on this rug please - oversized 5 x 3 metres, I’m thinking Kerman but not sure; c.60 years old according to client.

many thanks,
Carl

Attachments