Outside oven clean

Gareth Paul Williams

Cleantalk Member
IMG_20200915_112444.jpg

How many other people have arrived to find the oven in a strange position? I've had this before and refused the job. I did this one though as it wasn't that bad plus customer was happy that I can't accept any liability if there are any problems when they plug it back in again.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
One thing you need to be mindful of is that the bottom of your tarpaulin/dust sheet could get crapped up if you use one in this situation. This is a situation where your tarpaulin/dust sheet is protecting you and your kit from the crud below rather than you trying to protect the customers floor. Had a few of these, and it started raining on one occasion. Some people dont have the sense they were born with. As Gareth says, we are taking no responsibility if the unit doesnt work when reconnected.

Ken Walsh

Cleantalk Member
Yes had one done it, your back pays the price (well I`m an old git) cold air also how do you know it will not p@#s down. I say No. No no chance. also you have to trail in house for hot water etc, sod that I want comfort doing one of these as not a 5min job as Nancy Reagan said `just say No`

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
I am with Ken no chance. However I would have known before I accepted the job. I always ask if the cooker is in full working order. If they had said it was outside I would not have booked it in.

Not sure how other people clean but I never clean a cooker cold i use heat to soften the carbon throughout a clean as its far easier.

Steve

Ken Walsh

Cleantalk Member
Another thing I try and avoid is when they say other people are working onsite builders/painters ect. Nightmare water/electric liable to go off as working on it. Cannot park or have to keep moving your van as bloody deliveries. Mess in kitchen/house/dust etc. Also bloody noisy drills/banging etc. Never again as soon as they say that..........I say I will come round when its only me working onsite.....with virus-19 thats your get out of jail card anyhow.

Some people want all the work done in one day by everyone..........its a joke

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
i generally find there are always some dumb shit pain in the ass with ranges anyway, even if its just that they are pea green with fake brass knobs that look like shit when they are spotless, dont ever do ranges but defo never outside, there is a cue of people who want to book so never touch shit like that
walk away, nothing bad happens so just leave

Ken Walsh

Cleantalk Member
Im on another Range again tomorrow, so many I get now, but they cheese me off. I`m not a fan of them for what they are. I live in North Wales so loads of big country type cottages with big kitchens. It will come to a time when I stop doing them and only do standard singles or double ovens

Ken Walsh

Cleantalk Member
I cannot beleive it, went to my job this morning Range Oven drove up the drive...........hang on whats all this, yes builders...The house is getting all rebuilt no one yet living in it. Kitchen not fitted out No running water (hot or cold) I would have to go to bathroom for water and use kettle for hot! The Range Oven is pulled right out into the middle of kitchen floor. No floor laid yet. The Oven is full of dust/debris. I said no chance Im not working like that. The oven has to be in situ with water switched on etc. They said they will get back when done...............As I`ve been to it today (a wasted day) and I`ve seen the sight of it I will put price up so when they do (if they do) they will get new price then. They never mentioned what so ever the kitchen was not even ready and built (never mind rest of house) and NO hot water or cold even running in kitchen. Have they got no clue whatsoever

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I have to differ with the r. Rest £120 all day for any of them! Also have a friend who can fix them connect . Add the price to it ! Bill them not you. Sound like Satan books people in 🤣🤣 Deals deals . Love a £50 but prefer a £100 in a few hours .

Ken Walsh

Cleantalk Member
well if you saw the state off it, even £120 is not enough. I normaly charge £120 but for this it will be £150.

I`m not going less than £120 now adays for Range Ovens. I get at least 2 a week all the time could do more (but distance to much)

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Ken

I always ask if the cooker is in full working order as I need the heat to clean it. This then brings up any issues before i arrive. Customers may not understand how you work so you need to educate them by asking the correct questions at the time of the enquiry.

If its a rented property I always ask first if they have checked the cooker works and the electric/gas is all connected and have access to water. It may seem someone sense to you but they may not understand how you work.

I always carry an old kettle to boil up water fir decreasing if they only ha e cold water.

Sounds like everything is winding you up and you need to retire lol

Steve

Ken Walsh

Cleantalk Member
yes I have kettle (with covid no one brewing up as much ha-ha). The trouble is I`m in Wales and the mobile is lousy here hit and miss so sometimes its hard to have a long question and answer debate. I just want some quick answers (on this occasion with this job above the signal was terrible so was bad luck for me) also I did not want to do loads of questions. What I`ve done is put more detail on my website about what I want/need so they can see about it. It mentions dos and dont so they have no excuse. I can say did you read the bit on my website etc when they ring about jobs.

Thankfully I dont get many like this so not a weekly problem but like you say its getting to me and I`m and old git` Thankfully there is always another job somewhere and another nice customer as 99% are, so that makes me feel better.

When I wake up screaming I will know I`ve had enough and pack it in put as of yet not got to that stage yet but I`m sure It will :lol:

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
well if you saw the state off it, even £120 is not enough. I normaly charge £120 but for this it will be £150.

I`m not going less than £120 now adays for Range Ovens. I get at least 2 a week all the time could do more (but distance to much):superman:
If it's worse then 120 worth . The. A retreat makes sense .