Oven cleaning without a dip tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Feeley

New Cleantalker
Hi guys, is it possible to start a competitive oven cleaning branch to my carpet cleaning buisness without a dip tank? Thanks jordan.

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
I guess you could use lakeland trays? You can have quite a bit to fit in tho even on a single oven. Shelves, shelf supports, door seal, grill pan, backplate, fan, self cleaning plates possibly.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Duncan

How do you clean all the racks and parts from a big range cooker without a dip tank. Sounds bloody hard work. I have been going for nearly 15 years.

I can not imagine tackling a cooker without a dip tank.

What's your process then as you have game no gas tanks or electric tank curious to no how you do it ?

Steve

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
of course it is, lakeland tray with dishwasher tabs and plug in emmersion, i tell my customers we dont use the tramp bath where every filthy thing soaks, they hate dip tanks, who would want there racks swimming with others, my best selling point is no dip tanks

Daniel Burt

Cleantalk Member
of course it is, lakeland tray with dishwasher tabs and plug in emmersion, i tell my customers we dont use the tramp bath where every filthy thing soaks, they hate dip tanks, who would want there racks swimming with others, my best selling point is no dip tanks
I don't follow, do you put the racks in one at a time then so they're not swimming with each other?

Neil Wilde

Cleantalk Member
Most customers don't even know what happens to the parts I take outside, that includes years old repeat customers. Nevermind knowing what tank is...

I know my tank has plenty of caustic in it. Parts are then blasted off using a good rinse system. It makes no difference if the water has been in there 4 months to me, all the soiled water is blasted away.

Crack on without a tank, it's certainly not for me.

Happy scrubbing to you.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
Hi @Rolph Groth , any chance of a couple of snaps of your setup with the Lakeland tray and the heating element. I have a dip tank, but always open minded as to how other people work.

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
I suppose i have a dip tank , maybe its my terminology that's wrong , i have a portable one, i put the racks in some 20% washing up liquid and a bucket of hot water and just scrub away.
I used to carry gas bottles to heat the water up but i dont anymore , i don't find it a struggle its what i am used to.
To be fair the vast majority of my customers are regulars that i have been going to for years.
What i meant was that i don't have a fixed dip tank i don't know anything about them and i am getting to old for change

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
Guys i have been on this forum, for years, so i want no disputes, lakeland tray in the house with fairy liquid or aldi dishwasher tabs, because my immersion boils the water immediatly there is no scrubbing, i have had dip tanksw

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
im guessing that folks who have spent hundreds on dip tank set ups dont really like that you can do it easy with a tray and immersion

John Allton

Cleantalk Member
Not at all i am used to using a dip tank find it hard to imagine the job being done without one especially when confronted with a 3 door Range and all the ancillary parts that go with them? would be interested to see somebodies routine that doesn't use a dip tank im all for keeping it simple stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.