Oven cleaning without a dip tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
I have to be honest, as i am based in Liverpool I might see two range ovens a year, 99% of my jobs are singles and doubles. I have used a dip tank and i have used lakeland tray and immersion heater and my experience is the tray with immersion is so much better and loads faster without going back and forth to the van and no prep in the morning as the boiling water is almost immediate (5 minutes and the whole tray is boiling). Sombody will probably say there is too much scrubbing my way but in my experience there is none. I have my singles down to just about an hour and 90 min for my doubles and that does me just fine. added bonus is fairy liquid or dishwasher tabs in the tray are cheap as chips

pete ashton

Cleantalk Member
Hi Rolf,
I use a lakeland tray also. Does this heater element sit on the plastic bottom of the tray or do you place it on a rack. Sorry sounds a stupid question but wouldn't it melt the tray, i may be missing a trick as i boil kettles when no hot water available.

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
I still don't see how you can soak it all in the lakeland tray at once? Even some singles have lots of 'bits' 2x shelves, shelf supports, backplate, fan, grill pan, door seal, self cleaning plates.

Do you have to just soak a few items at a time or use 2 trays?

I guess it's what you get used to. I use a portable tank but I know some guys that are van mounted think that's hard work but it's what I'm used to( can sometimes be a pain if parking is tight or it's pissing down).

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
Hi Rolf,
I use a lakeland tray also. Does this heater element sit on the plastic bottom of the tray or do you place it on a rack. Sorry sounds a stupid question but wouldn't it melt the tray, i may be missing a trick as i boil kettles when no hot water available.
The immersion i have showed you can just sit in the tray and will not melt it, however there are some where the element is not covered, they would have to be rested on something or they would melt the tray

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
I still don't see how you can soak it all in the lakeland tray at once? Even some singles have lots of 'bits' 2x shelves, shelf supports, backplate, fan, grill pan, door seal, self cleaning plates.

I guess it's what you get used to. I use a portable tank but I know some guys that are van mounted think that's hard work but it's what I'm used to( can sometimes be a pain if parking is tight or it's pissing down).
all i can say is i would never go back to a dip tank setup, i use just one tray and have never had a problem fitting stuff in
There is no right or wrong way, this way is fastest for me, keeps me out of the bad weather and stops me going back and forth

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member

also with the heat i get with the immersion things only need to soak for a couple minutes

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
also with the heat i get with the immersion things only need to soak for a couple minutes
That's really interesting, I have a lakeland tray that I carry around just for soaking extractor filters in, but might some experimenting when I have some time.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
I just don't get how you can soak all the parts from an oven and hob in a tiny little plastic tray?

Please someone add some pics to show me all the parts soaking from a range cooker πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Also are you plugging this inside using there electricity supply and how do you prevent yourself from trashing there kitchen. I just dont get why anyone would not atbthe very least get a portable tank. Oh well each to there own

Steve

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
Also are you plugging this inside using there electricity supply and how do you prevent yourself from trashing there kitchen. I just dont get why anyone would not atbthe very least get a portable tank. Oh well each to there own

Steve
Steve i have had just about every tank setup there is, this is just so much faster and yes i use the customers electricity

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
One bonus for the customer using the BLUE TRAY. You could put the plug into the sink, tip the contents of the Blue tray in giving them a nice big basin of hot water to wash the 5 week backlog of dirty dishes left in their sink.
You would be surprised how that 25 litres of boiling water clears the blocked drains

Duncan Bramwell

Cleantalk Member
duncan the blue tray works fine ive been doing it 6 years dont get many requests for ranges in newcastle and dont do them i just stick to singles and doubles
I guess it is what has already been said before, we each find our level of comfort, and stick with it. Doesn't make other methods less effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.