Oven cleaning without a dip tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
I guess it is what has already been said before, we each find our level of comfort, and stick with it. Doesn't make other methods less effective.
The thing i do find interesting is the amount of other cleaners who try to convince you that you are having a bad or difficult experience just because they cannot imagine there are more ways to clean than with a dip tank.
  1. I use a lakeland tray and a plug-in emmersion
  2. I use fairly liquid and aldi dishwasher tablets
  3. Lakeland trays are NOT tiny, for a single or double i can easily fit everything in including filters
  4. It is much easier than a dip tank, it heats to a much higher temp very quickly, there is almost never any scrubbing
  5. No trips back and forth in crap weather or wondering whats going on in the van
  6. Went from 90 minutes to 60 for a single
  7. No morning prep or working with luke-warm water . This my genuine experience that I have everyday, it's no point in trying to convince me it's not! I do think there is some value in the widespread veiw of dip tanks being the industy norm, namely as a barrier to entry, if people ever knew how easy this game is we would all be out of business

Daniel Burt

Cleantalk Member
The thing i do find interesting is the amount of other cleaners who try to convince you that you are having a bad or difficult experience just because they cannot imagine there are more ways to clean than with a dip tank.
  1. I use a lakeland tray and a plug-in emmersion
  2. I use fairly liquid and aldi dishwasher tablets
  3. Lakeland trays are NOT tiny, for a single or double i can easily fit everything in including filters
  4. It is much easier than a dip tank, it heats to a much higher temp very quickly, there is almost never any scrubbing
  5. No trips back and forth in crap weather or wondering whats going on in the van
  6. Went from 90 minutes to 60 for a single
  7. No morning prep or working with luke-warm water . This my genuine experience that I have everyday, it's no point in trying to convince me it's not! I do think there is some value in the widespread veiw of dip tanks being the industy norm, namely as a barrier to entry, if people ever knew how easy this game is we would all be out of business
I have actually used them when I first started out - my main problem was I'm a bit clumsy and couldn't trust myself to not splash and drench the customer's entire kitchen so I made the switch.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
You would be surprised how that 25 litres of boiling water clears the blocked drains
Hi Rolph, one thing puzzling me is that the element you showed us is powered at 2kw. The kettle I have at home has a 2.2kw element. Just went to make a cuppa and it takes 4 mins 20secs just to get 1.7 litres boiling. Even if you just put 12 litres of water in the tank instead of 25, by the kettles reconing with a more powerful element, this would take 30mins to get the liquid boiling.

Daniel Nailor

Cleantalk Member
I don’t believe this small heating element can heat a huge tube of water to boiling within an hour. It takes an hour to heat my gas tank with a large propane burner.
As for using washing up liquid and tablets, it would definitely work out more expensive than my set up. I spend £2 on gas per week and only have to change the tank every 6-8 weeks, using minimal powder purchased in bulk.

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Ok guys calm down

Let’s not let thing deteriorate, opinions vary, personally Mine is that if you are taking on a Professional job and charging a professional fee than you should have the correct equipment, that said what works for one might not for another.

Could you clean without a dip tank Yes
more a one off home clean I would suggest.
at the end of the day if the customer is happy, they have a clean oven and are happy to pay that's all that counts

Regards

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.