Overshoes

Andrew Bines

Cleantalk Member
We have had on trial new style overshoes. The old blue plastic ones are now banned by most major companies as are deemed unsafe. Seamed to have a plastic bag always in the van full of torn ones. We are using the white plastic ones with a non slip rubber sole similar to what power companies etc issue staff.
Initially more expensive but they have a good life so your not into new ones each time. Basically re useable. Very impressed with them , 20 pairs is £5.99 on ebay for example, probably same life as 150 of the older style blue.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Unsafe, how?!
Slippery? Well like driving, look ahead!
Dangerous? Only if the wearer is a moron & has given up their own common sense in exchange for political correctness & health & safety controls.
Reduce plastic waste? Why not, that would be a good argument!

There are other solutions too, you can wear indoor shoes or instead of using disposable overshoes start wearing reusable overshoes?!

Reactions: 1 user

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
Sadly Steve, H&S is all about pandering to the morons who are either incapable or un-inclined to think for themselves.

The typical "shower cap" style of overshoes are amazingly lacking in durability, tear very easily and, horror of all horrors, can be slippery when walking from wet carpet to hard floors. And, amazing to us, Joe and Josephine Bloggs are incapable of working that one out for themselves and their No Win No Fee solicitor agrees that they should have someone to hold their hand whilst wearing them.

I've always felt that H&S is all about common sense, but so many people are too common to have any sense.

We have to protect ourselves, so we must all do a Risk Assessment about our working foot-ware and the "shower caps" will be rejected after this.

SAFE and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

• Agreed
Reactions: 2 users

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Glad to see it's not just me who thinks like that Ken!!
Many certainly lack good old fashioned common sense, one of the funniest I heard was:

I saw a hole in the ground & quickly thought, "oh my that's a nasty hole, tell you what I'm going to walk around it"!
Man saw me do this & asked "how did you learn to do that"?
"simple" I said, "my parents brought me up not to be a moron & think for myself"!

Or to paraphrase a very well known anti pc comedian

"Health & safety is the small oppression of our physical movements so we can't do anything without permission of the state"

whereas political correctness is the oppression of our intellectual movements so that nobody says anything anymore in case somebody gets offended"!!

Paul White

Cleantalk Member
So I should be dreading the time when PPI adverts are superseded by ones asking "were you ever given free blue booties by your carpet cleaner in the last 20 years and ever suffered from a headache, back pain or any other medical condition? "

• Funny

Remus R Lungu

Cleantalk Member
From a technician's point of view i find them inpractical anyway
Say you need to run to the van what do you do?
take them off and then putnew ones back?
if you need to go 5-6 times you change 5-6 pairs?
lots of time wasted better off with crocs :smile:
i only give them to customers or leave by the inside of the door
thinking of it if i leave 4 pairs of the new ones thats roughly £1
screw this their on their own:smile:))

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Remus
Surely you are not suggesting that "some" people would actually try & work in them everyday are you?!
I mean, that'd just be mad, where's the sense in that?!
I use mine solely for quoting, indoor shoes when cleaning

• Agreed

Remus R Lungu

Cleantalk Member
No what i'm saying is i'm leaving overshoes at eot jobs to avoid callback because of viewers or estate agents coming in with shoes on
but at £6 for 20pairs for the posh ones their not getting them :smile:)

Reactions: 1 user

Garry Neilson

Cleantalk Member
No what i'm saying is i'm leaving overshoes at eot jobs to avoid callback because of viewers or estate agents coming in with shoes on- I charge for those callbacks, as far as I am concerned once I have cleaned and walked out the door any further soiling is a new job.

Andrew Bines

Cleantalk Member
I find crocs very dangerous, specially on stairs. I prefer something with support that is laced to my foot.

• Agreed

Andrew Evans

Cleantalk Member
I always use crocs touch wood not had an incident so far. At that price I wouldn't want to be leaving too many free ones.
As for common sense and the public :helpme: