Polyester Rug - Cleaning Method Improvement Suggestions

Discussion in 'Rug Cleaning Issues' started by Trevor Clatworthy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Trevor Clatworthy

Trevor Clatworthy Member

Advertisements:
    I have cleaned 2 Polyester Deep Shag Pile Rugs. I don't have a pit, and have completed the clean on tarp only. Wanted to post the process undertaken to see if there are any tips that would improve the next clean!

Rug Type: Polyester Shag pile rug with 2 Types of Fibre. Twist & Straight.

Method
    1 - Vac Front , Beat Back, Vac Front, Beat Back & Final Front Vac. (Using Sebo Hand tools only)
    2 - M-Power - Sprayed & Manual Agitation with Magic Brush. (did not want to unravel the Twist strands) - Dwell for 1 hour.
    3 - Rinse with Crystal Phase / Rinse in the tank via Cub. Very difficult to extract due to pile depth used our stair tool to extract & used the carpet wand for repeated dry strokes to save my back!
    4 - Not over the moon with the result & SPM Lemon (my thought process was that maybe a microspliter would dislodge the dirt for rinsing & obtain better results), Magic Brush Agitation, Rinse again with Crystal phase in tank.
    5 - Following day I wasn't 100% treated with Hydro 202, Agitated with Magic Brush & Toweled off by hand.
    6 - 2 Evenings Later final Vac.

On return to the customer she was very pleased & said it came up well.

Few Pics (Final showing bonnet pad that was used whilst toweling off Hydro 202)

20181007_092940.jpg 20181008_194510.jpg 20181008_192947.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

2. Remus R Lungu

Remus R Lungu Member

That's probably one for the pit..dont think you can do any better onsite

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trevor Clatworthy

Trevor Clatworthy Member

@Remus R Lungu , many thanks for this. Was probably expecting a miracle cure, was certainly hard going.

4. Ken Wainwright

Ken Wainwright Solution Training Instructor Moderator

Polyester is an oil loving fibre. This rugs yarn type is problematic to vac and rinse, as you have discovered.. Dogs? OIL from the coat?

Options to consider would be Nitro with Crystal Rinse or maybe even Hydro202 with the acidic rinse, obviously, SPM would normally be first choice but you have demonstrated that on this occasion, it did not meet expectations.

Hand tool or a MyteeDry or Sapphire Scientific type tool may be better using a technique to lift the pile away from the foundation may improve the rinse.

I'm not a fan of polyester in carpets or rugs.

Safe and happy cleaning :smile:
    Ken

5. Trevor Clatworthy

Trevor Clatworthy Member

Ken,

Apologies, i wrote a response a couple of nights ago and for some reason failed to send.

This was for a wedding shop & the rugs sit in front of their seating area so frequent to dirty shoes & bare feet.

Can i ask why Acid Rinse after Hydro 202? Is this not PH Neutral?

Regards
    Trevor

6. Ken Wainwright

Ken Wainwright Solution Training Instructor Moderator

Strictly speaking, 202 doesn't require an acid rinse. However it will stop hydrogen peroxide activity on contact although 202 doesn't need it. But with the Nitro option, Crystal Rinse or Final Phase is recommended. Crystal Rinse will also encapsulate residual soils.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice