Polyester rug

Christopher johns

Cleantalk Member
This rug is 100% polyester but as you can see it's a shag pile.
I've read some threads and now wish I said no I can't clean it. 😕😕
I just want to check with you all first before I clean it.
Will it be better to clean it with M power as they do have dogs?
I did read about Nitro and crystal rinse this might be an option?
I know Blaze is a relatively new product, could this be used as I can't use my TM3 to agitate?
I will try using my Sapphire tool to rinse it, as that should cut down on the water used.

Attachments

Griz Park

Cleantalk Member
Yep, M-Power all the way in my opinion. Treat it as a wool shagpile.
How are you going to tackle the extraction?

Careful your hand tool doesn’t lock in to the fibres. You’ll go nowhere, it’ll be like knitting fog 🥴😂

You’re a brave man. We have a dedicated wash station, centrifuge and drying room for these bad bays 🤣

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
M power

A few reasons, that I wont wax lyrical on

Dwell of 30 mins minimum

And extract witha stair tool or drift spray witn a wand and extract with that.

Dry dry dry

If not, loads of rug spas near you

Know your limitations.

J

Christopher johns

Cleantalk Member
Yep, M-Power all the way in my opinion. Treat it as a wool shagpile.
How are you going to tackle the extraction?

Careful your hand tool doesn’t lock in to the fibres. You’ll go nowhere, it’ll be like knitting fog 🥴😂

You’re a brave man. We have a dedicated wash station, centrifuge and drying room for these bad bays 🤣
Definitely not brave, I'll put it down to a rookie error.
I've got an upholstery tool, stair tool and sapphire tool.
I will use one of these and hope for the best. 🤞🤞

Christopher johns

Cleantalk Member
I've just completed the rug, it's hard to see but I think or hope you can see a difference?
I used M power, agitated with pile brush, 30 minute dwell time and Sprayed a little mist of m power over when I finished and brushed in for good luck.

Attachments

Griz Park

Cleantalk Member
I've just completed the rug, it's hard to see but I think or hope you can see a difference?
I used M power, agitated with pile brush, 30 minute dwell time and Sprayed a little mist of m power over when I finished and brushed in for good luck.
certainly looks cleaner Christopher, the proof in the pudding is how she looks when she’s dried… And more importantly, how it smells.

what’s your drying strategy?

I have family down in Falmouth who are overdue a visit. We’re supposedly visiting in the next month or so… 🥴 I can’t wait 🙄

I’ve a couple or large air moving fans and an older dehumidifier which are classed as end of life to our workshop. If you plan to do more rug work and could use them, drop me a PM and I’ll bring them with on our way down. They’re more than serviceable and still work fine 😌