Pressure washing...

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
Going to dip my toe in the water..

So I know industry standard is minimum 13lpm petrol washer etc.. im not a big fan of using a petrol motor with everything round here being in a clean air zone etc.. it wouldn't apply to a petrol washer but it's heading that way..

I'm planning a day a week or maybe 2 doing pressure washing and habe seen the kar..cher hd range.. its the grey ones..
Borrowed one and they're a whole different thing to the yellow ones.. im looking at one that kicks out 11lpm with 190 bar.. joined onto a surface cleaner..

Issue is it's a karcher..

So pro's
Cheaper to run
Lighter
Quieter
East to take to base if it breaks
Plenty of spare parts etc
Environment friendly with np emissions

Cons..
It looks like something a customer can hire, even if its not
Repairs are £££

Thinking of Some clever marketing to get across that its not a petrol one. Am I in denial here, I'd not turn up with a puzzi for carpets mind..

Chris Birkett

Cleantalk Member
There's plenty out there who run electric pressure washers. It's just a method of getting the water up to a workable pressure.

If plugging in to a customers electric could be seen as "unprofessional" then a generator could be an option.

As with carpet cleaning, you could turn up with a kar cher or a Jag, or even a truckmount, and most customers don't know/care as long as the job is done to a good standard.

I did 2 patios with my £50 pressure washer from Argos for a landlord. Painfully slow but got £200 for it. They wanted it done in a hurry, I just said my petrol one is booked up on the other van.

They didn't care that it was electric. They just wanted the job done.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Horses for courses

If you can get away with it then go for it.

I have been doing pressure washing since school holidays.

If you want to do peoppe houses then a kartcher leccy one is enough, I'd advise getting a 20 meter hose extension.

I have all the expensive kit for jetwashing and it's a nice little earner on commercial propertys.
Power was allways an issue for me so I have all petrol and 700 litre tanknin the van when needed.

J

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
Horses for courses

If you can get away with it then go for it.

I have been doing pressure washing since school holidays.

If you want to do peoppe houses then a kartcher leccy one is enough, I'd advise getting a 20 meter hose extension.

I have all the expensive kit for jetwashing and it's a nice little earner on commercial propertys.
Power was allways an issue for me so I have all petrol and 700 litre tanknin the van when needed.

J
It's about 1200 for the karcher set up and 1200 for a v-tuff torrent petrol one..

Similar flow rates, similar pressure.. the torrent gas the edge.

Did pressure washing about 3/4 years ago and had no use complaints.. its bolton people being wierd

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
It's about 1200 for the karcher set up and 1200 for a v-tuff torrent petrol one..

Similar flow rates, similar pressure.. the torrent gas the edge.

Did pressure washing about 3/4 years ago and had no use complaints.. its bolton people being wierd
£1300 is my boiler alone
That I very very rarely use .

13lp is the minimum to run like for example a fsc

You also reach the limit of using a conventional tap around there.

Alot of my work is with a petrol unit at 8lpm, only difference really is time.

If your going to buy a machine like that, buy from a distributor nearest you.
Any issues and its dealt with quickly.

J

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
To be fair Mark you have never invested fully in your business and rely on using second hand, or for the most part cheap equipment, if you really want a profitable business that will support you rather than playing for a couple of days a week you need to either get serious and invest in proper equipment and marketing or find a cushy employed position.

Sorry to sound harsh but the majority of Cleantalkers run proper full time businesses and rely on them to provide for their families.

Regards

Nick

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
£1300 is my boiler alone
That I very very rarely use .

13lp is the minimum to run like for example a fsc

You also reach the limit of using a conventional tap around there.

Alot of my work is with a petrol unit at 8lpm, only difference really is time.

If your going to buy a machine like that, buy from a distributor nearest you.
Any issues and its dealt with quickly.

J
Both are local businesses so will be getting it from one of those with full back up. Thank you for the advice