Prochem Apex- Upholstery Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Oddo

New Cleantalker
Hi All, let me introduce myself. My name is Mike and we just recently started a Carpet cleaning business along side of being in the flooring industry for over 20 years, i will be taking a couple IICRC classes pretty soon!

My Question:

My Prochem Apex has two solution outlets, how do i make use of them both? Lets say i am on a job that requires both carpet and upholstery cleaning, Is there a better solution to emptying out the 5 gallon container of carpet cleaning detergent and refilling it with upholstery cleaner? How do most of you do this? Multiple Jugs? What about if you had Ceramic, Carpet, and upholstery?

Thanks!

Mike

Alan Wood

Cleantalk Member
Why not just use an acid rinse or freshwater rinse and prespray the carpet and/or upholstery. Its how i work all the time, its not often i rinse with anything other than water.

Dene

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Hi Mike

Most carpet cleaning solutions are for both carpet and upholstery, So I am unsure as to why you would need to empty and re-fill. What chamicals are you using?

Regards Nick

Mike Oddo

New Cleantalker
In the Truck Mount i use chem spec One Clean and on Occasion Liquid Slurry. My Pre spray for carpet is Matrix Release and I have Chemspec One Clean TLC as well. Then when i am finished cleaning I post spray Prochems All fiber Rinse in an electric sprayer...

Mike

Chris Rushton

Cleantalk Member
I use two chem jugs.

One with my normal detergent rinse ( 25 ltr ) and the other ( smaller - 10 ltr ) with chemspec liquid high heat which is an acidic rinse agent.

Depending on the carpet type i either rinse with the detergent or the acidic rinse.

The same on upholstery, or sometimes just switch off the chem metering so that i am rinsing with fresh water.

regards

Chris

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Liquid slurry.....conjours up such lovely images!
I don't understand why so may people are using acid rinces these days sounds very 90's, surely if you use a self neutralizing cleaner the should be no or very little need to acid rince.
My feeling is that if you put something in to the carpet then it needs to come out (there are obvious exceptions). The only thing my solution tank ever sees is water. Let's be honest, you cannot rinse a carpet if your solution tank has a cleaner in it as all you are doing is putting even more soil attracting residue onto the furnishings. You may as well call yourself "Billy bobs cleaning co" & charge accordingly! (no offence to Billybob). Pre sprays are in abundance & I've always sprayed with a plastic sprayer then extracted with fresh water & dryed.
Nowdays with even safer cleaners & the introduction of natural cleaners & microsplitting there is even less need for added expense & topical treatments like acidic rinces (IMO).

Safe residue free cleaning!

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
Steve

The vast majority of detergent pre-sprays are not free rinsing. As they are relatively sticky, soil attracting chemicals, they need a rinse agent to assist in their removal from the carpet/fabric. Whether acidic or alkaline, you'll find that almost all in-tank rinsing agents are formulated to assist in the removal of both the soil and the detergent pre-conditioner.

It can be argued that some self-neutralising in-tank detergents have the potential to be harmful to some pH sensitive fibres.

When you take into account all of the variables we encounter in the cleaning chemistry, it becomes more obvious why we should follow the manufacturers instructions with all of our cleaning solutions.

Safe and happy cleaning :smile:
Ken

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Ken
I totally see where you are coming from. I've always used self neutralising detergent & detergent free solutions & touch wood have not had a problem. As part of my pre-inspection I usually test 3 areas of the carpet with Ph paper & on the odd ocasion where it has been left in a high Ph state I have presprayed the area with an acid rinse to lower its level (as per Dry Fusion instruction).
I suppose it's horses for courses & we all use what we are happy with. If something works well why change.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.