Product Choice

gaz terrell

Cleantalk Member
Morning everyone,
I see by reading through the threads on here that Astonish paste is the most popular product to use for the inside of the oven, what product/solution do you guys recommend to be added into the Dip Tank to clean the removables of the Oven?

Cheers

Keith W Bushnell

Cleantalk Member
Caustic is only an option if your using a bolted down heated tank with the correct element. Also can't be used in an aluminium tank. FF is your safer option and if using a fill and empty tank as i do, at each job you can just empty back into a bucket and put it down the kitchen waste drain or onto a flower bed.

Mike Ward

Cleantalk Member
Hi
Keith I like you have that set up , I at present use Dirtbusters powder and was looking for a better product, is it ok to dispose of the waste in that way ? Just checking before I order the product.
Cheers

Daniel Nailor

Cleantalk Member
Ff isn't safe to dispose of into sewer or drains.
I'm currently having difficulty in disposing my old tanks fluid since switching to ff.
the water authority will dish out a hefty fine to people found to be disposing of it into the system.
I've been in touch with the trade effluent department to try and be responsible.

Mohammed Al-Hagin

Cleantalk Member
As @John Bolton has said many a time, "
Though sodium hydroxide is used as a drain cleaner, that is acceptable to be used in small quantities solely for that purpose. But as a professional cleaner, your waste is deemed to be industrial effluent and as such improper disposal can result in a fine of £20,000".

Mike Ward

Cleantalk Member
So basically it is a problem to dispose of then ?
What other dip tank chemicals are on the market that are biodegradable to put down the drain other than the Dirtbusters one ?
Any advice be good

Mike Ward

Cleantalk Member
I been using Dirtbusters powder but still have to scrub a bit on bad tacks after leaving in the tank for s while which I don't think should be having to do and it's £25 for a 5kg tub if I remember correctly

Daniel Nailor

Cleantalk Member
I used to use db red stuff, it worked but nothing like ff powder.
Unfortunately the cost of disposal will mean a price increase for customers.
I will probably contact some suppliers and try to get some trial samples of bio powders.

Mike Ward

Cleantalk Member
So is it a big cost to dispose of it through the correct channels? So it needs to be taken to a waste transfer station ? And I presume they charge quite a bit to take it , think I need to get in touch with either the council or water authority?

D

Deleted member 5124

Disposing at a local water treatment plant is the far easiest way of using whatever solution you wish in your tank, the cost per clean is very little, roughly 30pence a clean if you change your tank approx. 40 cleans, I cant see what all the fuss is to find a solution you can pour down your drain, we use caustic pearls and get minimum 40 cleans per tank and don't hardly have to scrub anything once its been in the tank. Just empty your waste into a 60litre barrel and once you have a job somewhere near the disposal plant dispose of it.

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I use dirt buster the tank last. About 40 cleans. left in for an hour which a oven clean takes its comes of. Never had a problem . I considered caustic for time . At the moment tho still eco as that's what I belive in !

David Bytham

Cleantalk Member
I used to have the waste collected to be disposed of around Northampton but that got pricey going up to £80.00 per barrel, and another place locally wanted to charge far more than that, so adopted the acid neutralizing method, but it would be better if I could find somewhere local for anything like £10 a barrel. I will get in touch with the environment agency tomorrow and see if I can find a local water treatment plant that can do it at anything like that sort of price.