Product Choice

Kevin Kirk

Cleantalk Member
hi
We have a large job on Friday at a footballers property. There’s a small corner conservatory on the pool house with glass panel roof, single storey of 6 panels.
We don’t usually do conservatory roofs but as we’re doing the other 150+ windows/doors on the property, we’d like to be able to finish it all and do the roof.
It’s quite dirty with moss, algae etc on it.
Is there a suitable product to pre-spray with, prior to WFP with pure water?

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
Don’t have a before pic but these were filthy we pre sprayed them ubik and came back and they cleaned fairly easy after not been cleaned for a couple of years ! And also the same process for the large tent it’s a good degreaser .

Attachments

Dan Paton

Cleantalk Member
Ubik, screwfix no nonsense degreaser, tfr etc. they all work as does a lot of everyday household chems. Often even when they look green and filthy they clean in seconds and sometimes the opposite can be true. In this weather the process for glass roof panels has to change though. No long dwell time as it will dry almost instantly in the sun. I done one the other day and it was easier to work 2 panels at a time rather than spraying a whole side.

Tadgh o Shea

Cleantalk Member
M-Power all the way much safer and it rinses off easily no matter how long you let it dwell on the surface. Worth comparing the ingredients on the SDS compared to the ingredients used to produce some of the above mentioned products, then you will realize M-Power is a no brainer.

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
It’s also a fact I’m rather funny on a good day lol but I’m guessing you ment the other Daniel Nic as I’ve not made any jokes

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Dan P,

I think that Nick was referring to the fact that you rated Tadghs post (#5) as funny.

PS.
On the small screen of a mobile phone the icons are so close that it is easy to click on the one next to the intended one. This can easily be rectified by clicking on "Undo Rating", then trying again.

Dan Paton

Cleantalk Member
I clicked funny intentionally. My last post about hypo was jumped on and now this. I've seen it on the other forum too. Maybe he should accept that a lot of cleaners use normal chems whether their eco friendly or not. I've tried m power spotter on upvc tiger stripes and it never touched them. My point about the hot weather still stands. Glass roof panels are literally boiling hot and any water or chem is drying almost instantly. M power doesn't work instantly but a good degreaser does. Anyway I'm done explaining myself as I really don't have to. Feel free to boot me off.

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
If people are booted for having different opinions I'll be joining you, I always find your posts of value even if its not something I do, like windows or hardfloors.

Go have a beer :beer:

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
I use hypo A LOT...

But in this situation I PERSONALLY agree with @Tadgh o shea on the m power for this

I have used it in canopies to great effect.

To bring up the hypo debate again
The video that @Mair Hunt has put up with that patio and the rotary machine. Awsome!!
It has lead me.to rethink how I can possibly do things.
The beauty of a forum is different views.
Not the falling out of people on it.

J

Tadgh o Shea

Cleantalk Member
This is a forum for sharing our experience and knowledge in the hope that it may be of benefit to others, from my experience i know how damaging Bleach is to surfaces as it does not really clean unless its used at heavy concentrations. Hence the reason why many facilities have now banned its use.

Tadgh o Shea

Cleantalk Member
Also should of added Ubik, No Nonsense, and TFR's are derived from either sodium metasilicate or sodium hydroxide two of the most corrosive ingredients used by chemical manufacturers, that is why i recommended to compare the ingredients on the SDS. As an example sodium hydroxide is the main ingredient used to produce oven cleaners.

John Dane

Cleantalk Member
Full house upvc clean on Thursday....normally use Ubik or TFR but will try out the MPower first.....just can't see how it could work as it needs dwell time...spray on scrub and rinse off is my preferred method.

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
If using M-P on UPC that has gone grey, I suggest that you mix it 20% stronger to cause it to cling to the sloping surfaces a little longer and boost it with SoluBoost. The XR hand pads I mentioned will double the cleaning power (Though I still consider STS or even APC to be better choices).

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
I can attest that APC + XR pads do an excellent job. On a couple of really bad white PVC window sills (South facing) I followed up with the same car polish that I use on my van - they not only looked good but stayed clean three times longer than the others.