LTT Leather

Proud day

Jared Long

Savvy Cleantalker
Well, a proud day today, working for the huge RAF Cosford Air Base in Shropshire, restoring the officer's mess furniture.

We completed:

1. 3 three-seater chesterfield sofas, cleaned and protected
  2. 8 bicast wingbacks reflashed with original colour
  3. 4 chesterfield tan tubs restored
Biggest job to date, and for such an important client:chuffed:

20190617_123506.jpg20190617_142436.jpg20190416_114028.jpg20190618_105828.jpg20190618_135556.jpg20190618_120227.jpg20190618_135333.jpg

• Impressive!
Reactions: 17 users

Mark Roberts.

Old School Cleantalker
We have a leather forum? :smile:

Cracking work Jazz, timescale? Looks like at least a weeks worth maybe?

Reactions: 1 user

Jared Long

Savvy Cleantalker
3 days Mark.

We have a completely separate business, brand, website for our leather. Huge money potential from leather

Reactions: 3 users

Jared Long

Savvy Cleantalker
there isn't enough posts on this forum regards leather which is a shame

Mark Roberts.

Old School Cleantalker
Agreed, always surprised there aren't more doing leather, even just cleaning

The two tone is impressive, seen many make a mess of that...

tenor.gif

John Bolton

Cleantalk Team
Good work - must be very satisfying!

Yes the questions and discussions on the subject of leather care have dropped off lately, so a double thanks for sharing.

Jared Long

Savvy Cleantalker
Thanks mark, been building this side of our business for 3 years now, but have kept this side very close to my chest for a long time now

Jared Long

Savvy Cleantalker
Unfortunately not Kelvin

From an old skool chap who's taught me a great deal over the years and I owe him alot but he doesnt do training anymore, and obviously practising myself in our workshop.

Product knowledge is also has alot to do with it. Theres a vast world of products and techniques out there which help create the finishes you see on leather, unfortunately very little is taught in a classroom. I've found the leather restoration trade to be a very close knit secretive bunch.

Alot of secrets are held close to peoples chests

Judy Bass

Cleantalk Team
Any recommendations as where you had your training from?

Hi Kelvin let me know if you want details of our training courses.

A training course is just the start with leather and it is very much an ongoing learning process for many reasons

Leather is an ever changing product as new finishes, colours and improvements in the finishing processes keep us on our toes.

Leather is an individual product unlike a fabric that is produced en mass which makes it much more interesting to work with as every job is different.

As Jared rightly says product knowledge and processes are important as well as understanding leather itself and the more knowledge you gain the better you will get

Nothing hidden with us and on going support and mentoring for as long as you need it

Hope this helps
Cheers
Judyb

Reactions: 1 users

Mike Cocks

Cleantalk Member
That looks amazing jared. I’m just starting my Journey with leather as just done the cleaning training so far and now saving my penny’s for the llt training course.